xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Microsoft in GTA IV Panic?  (Read 614 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Microsoft in GTA IV Panic?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Mar 21 2008, 06:42 PM) View Post

but I don't count it as a must buy game.

me neither, but for some reason i am obsessed with spending excess amounts of money on special editions *sigh*

laugh.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Mar 21 2008, 07:45 PM) View Post

me neither, but for some reason i am obsessed with spending excess amounts of money on special editions *sigh*

laugh.gif

If it wasn't for special editions, I'd own only games I thought were great....

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

i have talked to at least 5 people that have thought GTA4 was a PS3 exclusive. and moreover, they argued with me about it until i showed them numerous articles and other info to prove that it will indeed be on the 360 and released at the same time as the ps3. so, i'd say it's true when the average person thinks GTA, they think PlayStation.

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

MS in panic?  are you kidding me?  what a completely sensationalistic marketing PR ploy that this game could decide the fate of anything.  GTA, even across both consoles, won't sell more than H3 did and that was a 360 exclusive.

wow, what a completely ignorant author...

if ya need proof, this quote had me laughing so hard i was almost in tears..."Your casual gaming fan probably won’t even connect their console to the Net, and just as few will even have a basic understanding of the concept of DLC, or episodic content."  really, won't connect to the internet, huh?  amazing...

this is even better...

he goes on to bash MS's marketing attractions to the game with some free MS points and a console price drop and then praises Sony for attracting their customers with "Free online for everyone, and a deal where you get one of those new-fangled HD Sony Bravia TVs with your PS3."  really, they are giving away HD TVs with PS3s now?  this is the worst biased, illogical, and ridiculous claims i have heard in a long time.  i don't like to use the term too often, but this author truly defines the word "idiot."

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »

This article has written PS Fanboy all over it.

People are going to buy the console that are in th shop, with the title that says "big GTA 4 bundle! for 199 €"

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(controller-guy @ Mar 21 2008, 03:36 PM) View Post

SONY in HALO 3 Panic?

grr.gif

Here's a Hanky.

exactly my point...that sounds just as ridiculous as this article's intended thoughts...and GTA will be a smaller blip on the gaming radar...

robo989

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Mar 22 2008, 01:46 AM) View Post

That's sort of the point.  The casual gamer is someone who doesn't know any better, like the people who would buy at stores such as HMV

Thats the thing though, casual gamers don't really exist! There's people who simply don't like any computer games - they won't buy it, you know the type that might have a quick go on the wii at a mates house after coming back from the pub...

Then there's the "gamer" - plays games all the time and could be a sony\ms biased goon (could be!)

Then there's the "jaded gamer" - people who have been going since the master system\nes or earlier and don't really care about "who wins" but they know whats going on and when a big titles is coming out...

There simply isn't such thing as "the casual gamer" anymore, I don't think there ever was!

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

i dont think very many people still think gta = sony the xbox only has had it for years now. now they might still think its still going to hit sony first then evently make its way to the 360 like all the xbox releases in the past. of course this time thats not the case.

agreed thow if m$ whants gta iv to sell like crazy on the 360 cut the price like today in the usa to increase your pickup rate and combine with gta 4 you have a huge seller.

on the side of sony gta 4 is pretty mutch weather the ps3 is gonna survive as a decent gaming console or just a cheap blueray player.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »

hey maybe they should send 500 more 360s

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »

I really wish there was some kind of viable homebrew scene on the 360.  If nothing else, people would have something better to do that read and argue over some moron written piece of console war drivel.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Mar 21 2008, 06:03 PM) View Post

Vista sales are FAR BELOW expectations, and it is considered such a failure by the company

That's because that shit sucks. Nobody likes it. I think Microsoft needs to just do what they do and dont worry about nothin' else.

By the way, Homebrew for life!!!

littlestevie360

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bananas @ Mar 31 2008, 11:49 PM) View Post

Microsoft are in more trouble here than most think, the article is spot on, the way that one guy thinks is the way millions of others think too, Microsoft simply have not come out enough on this, i don't know about the US but here in the UK they hardly advertise the console, i mean you have all these great games, make a small montage of them and in the end stick the 'ONLY ON XBOX 360' line into it, shove it into peoples faces because as it stands the Playstation 3 is still 'better' in most peoples eyes, i mean your a casual gamer, you loved the PS1, you loved the PS2, why would you all of a sudden dodge the PS3 and jump onto the 360 now? Remember that the average joe dosn't do research into what console has the best games etc he'll just go into a game shop, see the PS3 and think 'hey! it's the new Playstation, awesome!' and buy it.

Again i don't know about the US but the Playstation brand here in the UK and in many other countries is absolutely huge, and Microsoft have completely missed the opportunity i'm afraid, they spent a silly amount for DLC which the mainstream won't care about, they could have spent all that money on those awesome looking GTAIV 360's, mass produced them and made shops put it in their front windows for example, certainly would have been better than spending so much money on something that won't really make a difference when it comes to the bigger picture.

Yeah, i'm ranting, and i don't care tbh, i'm just so dissapointed and angry in the goons at Microsoft, with the right advertising through TV etc they could have really shifted the balance but now it's too late, GTAIV is just round the corner and PS3 sales are going to go through the roof.

I will say while that is tru in the uk its not here in australia, i dont know where this guy got his information for the article, but i know alot of people who have 2 360's (one modded and one for live) infact i work in a mod shop and about 50% have 2 or more 360's. now out of the 1000's of people i have served since xmas 40% have been WII and DS owners, 30% Xbox360 owners 25% PS2 owners and 5% PS3 owners. and about half of those PS3 owners that are our customers, havent  even taken them out of the box. they were free with there Sony Bravia's. Over here PS3's are overpriced and have next to no games. gametraders (my local games shop) has a tiny little section for ps3 while Nintendo DS, WII and xbox360 have huge displays.

as you can see here PS3 is a minority and there is no basis for this article.  only the Sony Fanboys in aus have them.

LittleStevie360
Pages: 1 2 [3]