xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer Online  (Read 1416 times)

Heet

• Archived User
Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer Online
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »

http://www.gamespot....uto4/forum.html

^we aren't the only ones dissagreeing about it  laugh.gif

Now the guy is a muslim btw.  smile.gif

And a guy posted this screen with LCPD on a police car.

http://img.photobuck.../Other/LCPD.jpg

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

Grand Theft Auto was Exellent in 1 & 2, once the 3D starting comming around it just threw it all out.
I Still play the old ones, 3d ones got boring real fast. Just like any other Driver game etc.
Top Down gives it more uniqeness to it. Thats where it started thats where it should of stayed. They just wanted to be like the other big wig companys i guess.

OffRoader23

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »

OK anyone saying it is New York City is stupid.  

Yes it shows the Statue of Liberty

BUT IT'S LIBERTY CITY

No GTA has ever been modeled exactly after a real city, and this is the exact same case.  Yes, it does look a lot like New York, but they aren't going to call it New York, because they don't want to have to make the whole city exactly as it is in New York.  Also, If you look closely on the cop cars they say "LCPD"

But it isn't the Liberty from GTA 3, it will probably be amazingly HUGE, and there is no doubt in my mind they will have all the country side because that was the big claim to fame in San Andreas that made it different then the rest of the GTA's.

This trailer was dissapointing because it didn't actually show any real information on the game, it only showed the city and graphics and character.  No weapons, only showed like 5 cars, and it was so short.  But it still shows that they have gotten some stuff done on it, and from here, they will just keep releasing more information since it is close to being released.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »

This, Halo 3 and Forza 2 is teh best

Master Pwnerer

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(NYCXBOX @ Mar 30 2007, 03:14 AM) View Post

Few Points need to be made.

First off NYC has always been a city used in FICTIONAL MEDIA and given new names. This is common place when media creators want to PARRALLEL the real world but want to give you a sense of fantasy.  

Batman it was called GOTHAM - as per movie not comic.
Superman it is called Metropolis - as per movie not comic.
Some movie I forget they called it AMSTERDAM (after its original name NEW AMSTERDAM back in the 1600's) though it was modern day NY.
Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series - He calles NYC - LUD - yes LUD
And lastly ROCKSTAR's LIBERTY CITY - IS NYC in alternite universe just like the other examples above.

SO Liberty city IS NYC - but called Libery City in the game.  - Whats the big deal here. IT IS LIBERTY CITY - IT IS NYC they are the same.  LIke calling a baseball a ball, white ball, white ball with red stichtes.

As I pointed out above - by giving NYC the name Liberty City they subconsciously withdraw the player from making Parrallels to the real world - no matter how many real landmarks they use.  By giving the City (the real Main charater) a Ficticious name - you surrender the player from the get go into realising that this game is FANTASY - Psycohologial BS to throw off people like Jack T. (well get back to him later)
Second - The game looks great so far - will atuall gameply match it? - my answer: Probibly.

Third - We no nothing of the scenero, YET - the narrator of the Trailer might be the main charater - as master chief is in the Halo Series - but we still got to play as other charaters in Halo 2... Perhaps there is more than one charater here as well.  Though from the trailer it looks like we are getting all 5 buroughs of NYC - Im sure the playable area will be huge as Manhattan Island really isn't that big and don't make for all that much fun in a Next gen game like this. SO by giving us Liberty city Island, Statan Island, QUeens, Brooklyn, Bronx (you know yankee stadium will be so Different and named something stupid - perhaps Camdumb Yards - bad joke sorry)

Fourth - I hope Rockstar puts JACK THOMPSON (make him the worth 10 achivement points for finding) in the game so I can go all Next Generation on his ass like i did in mortal Kombat (custom create a character).  You know Mr Crack Jack is going to be all over this game.  Jack - here are my words to you - Leave video games alone and we the games of the world will not make fun of you like the fat ugly kid in 5th grade during recess.  DO us all a favor and leave our world alone and we will leave you alone.  If you continue to be a doush bag - I hope rockstar gets you debarred and sues your a$$ faster than than sonic can run from begining to end of a level. <-- Ghey but effective

Lastly - to the person who said - do you think they will put the TOQWER IN THE GAME?  You did not offend me a true NYer.  I wish they would - Remember it's rockstarts Fantasy City - they can put what ever they want into it.  But if you look at the end of the trailer where you see from brooklyn into manhattan, with the brooklyn bridge - you should see the towers in the background if they were going to put them in there.  TO be honest the Skyline is not very accurate from that vantage point as there is a old white tower that should be there behind the bridge - 1 bloock from where the towers used to be and it is not - so it looks like NO TOWERS and not a very accurate skyline.

Later all,
NYCXBOX

Gotham City and Metropolis do not have all of the famous landmarks that this city has.  Definitely NYC until Rockstar says otherwise.

You've obviously never played Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 OffRoader23.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

The police car on the video has LCPD on the side... Sure it isn't Liberty City.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

You guys need to watch the video again if you think it is NYC.  Read some of the signs, it says "Liberty City" at least 3 times in the trailer, and at all kinds of words combos pertaining to Liberty City.  Who much you want to bet that ZERO buildings in GTA4 will have the same name as they do the real NYC?  I doubt NYC has a "getalife" building or a "Liberteen" building.  It's a ridiculous argument.

MeanMF

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 30 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

Question, how big was/is the Russian mafia in NYC?
Hell was it ever there in the first place?

Ya, the Russian Mafia in the US was/is based out of southern Brooklyn especially near Brighton Beach on Coney Island.  If you walk around that area you'll see signs in both English and Russian.  The locals call it "Little Odessa".  The roller coaster in the trailer is the Cyclone which in real life is right in that neighborhood.

The "Getalife" building is the "Met Life" building: http://www.pugsplace...hoto/10/301.jpg

TUUK

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »

I've been shocked at some attitudes towards this trailer. I'm surprised how many people are judging or writing off the game based on a 30 second or so trailer. Some people don't understand that this is simply to start the hype machine up for the next 6 months.
  For people who say that this simply looks like an Xbox title, you've obviously been spoiled and having played a game on the Hulk in a while. Go back and study the trailer. Look at the detail. Look at the draw distance. Look at the lighting. It's clearly a big step forward and this is still 6 months from release.
  Everyone is basing it on looks. I'm sure opinions will change once plot and gameplay details emerge. I loved the trailer and I'm sure I'll buy the game unless they change something drastic. I'm looking forward to getting details between now and October.
  I'm surprised there's not more hype surrounding it already, but as I said, maybe some people don't 'get' the point of the trailer.
  I for one can't wait for more information to see where this next installment is going to take the franchise. A version the same as the others with tarted-up graphics? I'd take it.

TUUK

gothi

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

I love the GTA series and even my girlfriend went "wow" after seeing that trailer.  Looks like I have another reason to make October one of my favourite months smile.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(MeanMF @ Mar 30 2007, 10:41 PM) View Post

Ya, the Russian Mafia in the US was/is based out of southern Brooklyn especially near Brighton Beach on Coney Island.  If you walk around that area you'll see signs in both English and Russian.  The locals call it "Little Odessa".  The roller coaster in the trailer is the Cyclone which in real life is right in that neighborhood.

Cool, I can't wait to start smuggling illegals and take out targets of interest for the Ruskies  biggrin.gif

Thanx for the info MF!

QUOTE(TUUK @ Mar 30 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post

For people who say that this simply looks like an Xbox title, you've obviously been spoiled and having played a game on the Hulk in a while. Go back and study the trailer. Look at the detail. Look at the draw distance. Look at the lighting. It's clearly a big step forward and this is still 6 months from release.

I have to agree with you, I think for an open ended title with so much going on; the graphics look great.
Judging by Rockstar's previous GTA games, I expected to be underwhelmed by the graphics.
But it was the opposite, I was quite impressed. It goes to show what the devs can do when they don't base their game engine on sub par hardware!
pop.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

i think the graphics will be fine, some people just dont understand that you cant have SUPER highly detailed environments and characters on the large of a scale yet.  i think some people expected "next gen" to mean final gen. we still have a long way to go before everything starts to look photorealistic on a grand scale, theres alot more on the screen the just 2 table tennis players and a table.

capboy210

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

Is there a possibility that this game will be released onto the original xbox console? Again I would doubt it but am unsure.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(capboy210 @ Mar 30 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post

Is there a possibility that this game will be released onto the original xbox console? Again I would doubt it but am unsure.

highly doubtful, the games engine was built for ps3 and 360

Nytemunkey

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(LeedsLad @ Mar 29 2007, 11:32 PM) View Post

i cant see what everyone is going on about. it looks mildly better than gta3. could someone please enlighten me as to how it looks "next gen"...?

Boy, you blind or sumin? It looks better than Saints Row (not rockstar but same engine) which looks better than SA. SA looks better than VC, VC looks better than GTAIII. They are all a step above eachother and it is quite easy to see this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6