xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gears of War 2 Trailer  (Read 686 times)

Boydster

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

Don't think I'll be buying this one.
I bought and played through the first one. Sold it yesterday for GTA.
I really don't like how everything is so clunky feeling/looking.

This post has been edited by Boydster: May 10 2008, 09:41 PM

tummybanana

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

bring it on........life stands still on november lol

Jagosix

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ May 10 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post

Hello Fellow Gamers. If all you did was just play through the campaign mode, Then you missed out on the all of multiplayer mayhem. Also were you really good at that game  blink.gif ? What's your GT? It has great replay value. Sold it for GTA4. How much did you get for the game? I know Gamestop gives next to nothing on trade-ins  huh.gif .

Anyhow.. I'm really looking forward to playing Gears 2. It will be awesome  biggrin.gif .

hyfall381

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

very cool vid. i just dont like the dude in it. never been a fan of Dane Cook.  tongue.gif

TheRat

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

they going to make this version 1080p? dont look much better then the first, just a few new cool things. but you know its a buy smile.gif

just hope sp is longer this time woth 4 co-op  biggrin.gif

tutu

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »

Looks like they haven't changed a single thing really from GOW. All they've done is added some vehicles & new weapons, which they probably took from UT and added some shiny textures  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The single player was ace however and the graphics were outstanding. I'm not going to get into hype anymore as you just get let down!!

IE GRAW 2 - finished in 4 hours
RS Vegas 2 - the exact same game as the old one but with worse maps.

This post has been edited by tutu: May 11 2008, 01:32 AM

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »

"Exclusively on Xbox 360"... for now...

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(RuFf rYdA @ May 10 2008, 08:47 PM) View Post

I agree, gears of war didnt have alot of hype as it was the first game in its series.

OMG, are we on the same planet?  

Rickets06

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ May 10 2008, 01:40 PM) View Post

I like how gears one felt, especially when compared to a game like gta... or max payne.
I forgot how addicting it was to play co op and chainsaw as much as possible. It felt gooooood.

Tortuga2112

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rickets06 @ May 11 2008, 07:32 AM) View Post

I like how gears one felt, especially when compared to a game like gta... or max payne.
I forgot how addicting it was to play co op and chainsaw as much as possible. It felt gooooood.

easy now, sounds like you just had an orgasm,lol.

ID10T Control

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »

oh no!  A little too much hate from some people about this game, but thats ok.  Everybody likes different games.  I did notice that you could use a Locust as a body shield in the clip.  Thats new...

On a side note, I wonder if the game will use all 3 processors?  hhhmmm, new flood of RRoDs!! smile.gif

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(tutu @ May 11 2008, 01:31 AM) View Post

Looks like they haven't changed a single thing really from GOW. All they've done is added some vehicles & new weapons, which they probably took from UT and added some shiny textures  biggrin.gif
For me I don't care if all they do for Gears 2 is add a couple of extra weapons and give us some new levels to run about in, if it ain't broke don't fix it  tongue.gif . The original is still one of my all time favorite games which even after having played it for countless hours still gets played almost daily. Graphics wise I think its still one of the best looking games for the 360. This gameplay video looks like they've managed to improve them even more  ohmy.gif . All they need to do is sort out a few of the multilayer issues (glitches, unfair host advantage, achievement unlock problems) and the game is guaranteed to be awesome.

Of course there are always those who say the game is crap, over rated, nothing special yada yada yada but everyone has different likes/dislike (+ they're just wrong  tongue.gif ).

jimk72

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »

Anyone that says GOW didn't have amazing graphics was playing on a shty TV. I flew though it the first time and then took my time the second time to explore and see just how good it really was. The blood splater, impact of rounds in the enemy, world around you, ect.... was so detailed. It is still in my opinion one of the best looking games made to date. I played it on a 52" HD widescreen. The only other game that is this good looking is crysis. I played that on a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW(22" widescreen Gaming LCD) with 8800GT on my gaming rig and moments were ok but overall it still stutered and I lost interest once I got in the space ship. same sht over and over. If you didn't like the gameplay or how the single player levels played thats fine but you can't say the graphics were not all that because thats just plain BS!

Rickets06

• Archived User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »

Just adding on...
I didn't think much of the "chainsaw clash" with the enemy. Seemed really weird.

bucko

• Recovered User
Gears of War 2 Trailer
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

Thats awesome I still haven't played the original might just buy Gears of War PC some time are all the bugs fixed in that? GOW2 looks great though.

This post has been edited by bucko: May 12 2008, 02:32 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3