xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Connect To A Server?  (Read 127 times)

Avengedfuries

• Archived User
Cant Connect To A Server?
« on: January 10, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »

Hey Im on Gears of War and when I try to join a ranked server, it keeps saying Your connection to the host has been lost. I already did the XBL test and my NAT returns OPEN. Why is this happening?

Avengedfuries

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:46:00 AM »

No even if there is 1/8 it still says it.

mikeiom

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Avengedfuries @ Jan 11 2007, 05:41 AM) View Post

Hey Im on Gears of War and when I try to join a ranked server, it keeps saying Your connection to the host has been lost. I already did the XBL test and my NAT returns OPEN. Why is this happening?

Im having the exact same problem. Still no luck at fixing it. anybody able to help?

uber1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

I was having the same problem connecting to servers.  All other functions of Xbox Live worked properly but I could not connect to GOW servers.  I found this page from Microsoft support:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

This page talks about forwarding specific ports inside your router so that requests from the internet get sent directly to your 360.  Every router is different so I cant tell you exactly how to forward the ports.  Here are the ports the page talks about forwarding:

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

Once I forwarded these ports I haven't had problems connecting to any GOW servers.

Boddah

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

Definitely forward those ports, and add your 360 to your router's DMZ as well. Worked great for me. (Fixed all of my co-op problems)