xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Sign In As Guest For Live?  (Read 96 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
How Do I Sign In As Guest For Live?
« on: December 25, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

I hear you.  The ‘guest’ option is unintuitive as hell.

What you have to do is go into the xbl MP game options, and the ‘Y’ button will switch to: ‘guest’.  Press ‘Y’ and only select the ‘guest’ profile; if you select another profile it will not work.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Obveron @ Jan 4 2007, 07:00 AM) View Post

I was having a hell of a time figuring this out aswell.  I was having to load up Call of Duty 3, signing player 2 in as Guest, then poping in Gears of War.

So let me get this straight.  I press the giant button on the centre of controller 2... then instead of hitting X to sign in, I hit Y?.. or I hit X to sign in, then hit Y at profile selection?
When I hit Y on the Gears main menu, it brings up the gamer profiles sign-in, but no access to the Guest account.

No, don't hit the guide button ("the giant button in the center").  Do as i described above.

Once you get into the xblive MP section, the 'Y' button that used to say "gamer profile sign-in", changes to "guest sign-in".  Now press the "Y" button and sign in as the 'Guest' profile.  It will not work if you sign in under any other profile besides 'Guest'.

Obveron

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up!