xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Is The Game So Short?  (Read 152 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Why Is The Game So Short?
« on: December 01, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

all i have to say is.

co-op.

omg.

Dalpura

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(olinselot @ Dec 2 2006, 02:30 AM) View Post
It's strange to me that a game can be so fun and addicting, but then you walk away feeling kind of disappointed. Like a roller coaster ride where they stop the car and ask you to get off right before the good part.  dry.gif

Just like Halo 2, am I right or am I right?

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »

hopefully the next gears will be longer and have a little more info on the whole story.  you should definately try co-op on insane.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

i think it might have something to do with the general push of games towards multi-player. especially considering you can play co-op over live, multilayer is the way to go.

when you think about it, this is a logical push. you can only play the game so many times in single player mode (you get to know it too well, becomes no fun). multiplayer is always something different, so it makes sense to push the game in this area to keep the life of the game as long as possible

bigriz44

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

Gotta love all these people who fly through a game on a setting they know better than to play on then complain that it was too short. Beat it on Insane then complain about how short it was.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

^too true... that and just fucking look at the game, realise how long it takes to dev a game such as gears, then realise your bitching is unfounded and stupid...

Boddah

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

Casual and Hardcore were actually pretty easy, although Hardcore did take a lot longer (had to keep repeating some parts...). Hopefully Xbox Live will be back up soon, so I can start Insane on co-op. biggrin.gif