xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gow 2 Changes?  (Read 285 times)

cazamodo

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

Edit. ok i quoted you post, but it wquoted a completely different post lol .wierd.

I liek you ideas. but arent tehre already smoke grenades? i use them to go from cover to cover tongue.gif. or do you mean in story aswell as multiplayer.
As for teh vechlies, and turret, i dotn like it. i think woudl make it too much like a halo game. as teh characters go down pretty easy. and cover is essential, vehicles and turrets might just ruin teh balance completelty. But yea, are more in depth story would be nice.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Some good ideas. Personal face scan would be cool. Different bayonet attachments and additional scripted melee kills. Climbing or rappelling abilities (aka Lost planet & RS Vegas). Larger and more extreme boss battles. Like you said, weight to the dead bodies. AND PLEASE, MORE OF THE SAME!! This game rocks hard.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

cerebral bore was from turok 2 seeds of evil on the n64...

oh caz, T-H-E

leo5111

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

no hamwbone, cerebral bore was my last girlfriend "a real dimwit"  tongue.gif

brutalsun

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »

I would have to say more content ie. longer game,more story, more weapons.
I would also make the hammer of dawn more of a hammer than a flashlight.... its a friggen laser from space and it takes two shots to kill a berserker uhh.gif .
I love the characters, the little details like streams of rainwater splashing of Marcus's armor. Or the little comments made during a firefight or when you screw up active reload.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

-4player co-op

-a less buggy melee system, the chainsaw is cool but incredibly buggy and seemingly random who wins in a chainsaw fight. gun butting with the other weapons is almost useless.

-When you throw a grenade holding down the L-Trigger it should look at the final resting place instead of the peak of the throw. More often then not I can't even see where it's going to land, I end up just blindly throwing it into the sky and hoping for the best.

-the ability to switch which shoulder the camera sits on. I like the 3rd person view but sometimes the character obstructs what I'm trying to see and not being able to switch which side the camera rests on is rather annoying.

-there's no reason you shouldn't be able to revive yourself instead of waiting for your teammates (like by tapping A), similarly there's no reason the CPU teammates can't revive you.

-use a different button for running... seriously I'm tired of getting ready to run only to jump behind some cover on the wrong side and get wasted.

-let me crouch without being attached to some cover

-offer some more multiplayer modes, maybe something where players can re-spawn, especially if you're going to try stupid achievements like 10,000 kills  dry.gif

Diesel_Man

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

Not splitting up the squad in every single level. I mean it was kool maybe two or three times during the game, but after a while it just seems like your playing scooby doo or something. "Ok shaggy, scooby, you take that way. Daphne and I will take the other path"...  rolleyes.gif

Also multiplayer levels are good, but where are the underground ones? I want to play in the locusts home too, not just in the human territory above ground.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Diesel_Man @ Nov 30 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

Not splitting up the squad in every single level. I mean it was kool maybe two or three times during the game, but after a while it just seems like your playing scooby doo or something. "Ok shaggy, scooby, you take that way. Daphne and I will take the other path"...  rolleyes.gif

Also multiplayer levels are good, but where are the underground ones? I want to play in the locusts home too, not just in the human territory above ground.

I agree...

I LOATHED having to split up because as soon as you're downed you have to start all over again. It's cool that you can help each other out but it's more of a pain then anything else.

As for the levels... good point, playing underground would make for some cool new levels. Thought there may still be hope for that, rumor is that they'll be creating expansions to add more levels, weapons and characters to choose from... hopefully some new game modes too....

That's another thing I meant to mention earlier: I'd love to see multiplayer "scenarios" where maybe you're the locust and you have to hold down the Fenix manor to keep the enemies from getting in and grabbing the tunnel plans. Or maybe the COGs have to hold down the Gas Station and prepare the truck while the Locust have to swarm the place and keep that from happening. Basically just bits and pieces from the actual game, maybe even some invented ones but with human players on all sides.... I think it would make for some really cool multiplayer experiences.

Ozy

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

Kryll gun!

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

I have no complaints at all, but.....
it would have been nice to have more underground areas, those were my favorite parts.  I think having more/bigger boss battles would have been more appropriate.  Having to get deep into the earth to find the "queen's nest" and find a way to kill her or something.  
The game leads that there will be more to the story line so we will have to wait and see.  I love the gameplay and the duck-n'-cover mechanics, hopefully the developers can utilize this more and have a better storyline for the future.

edit:  I just wanted to add that when I ran into the 1st boomer and heard him yell "BOOM" I laughed for like an hour.  I thought that was awesome in a funny way.

thax

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

More co-op multiplayer, missions like GRAW where you need to beat the CPU on different modes.

It would be nice if instead of a linear storyline that it was adaptive, so that you can choose different missions which "unlocked" higher level missions. This would be less cinematic, however more RPGish. Not everyone would like this style, so maybe a spinoff game using the same technology, assets and setting.

Ozy

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 03:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Nov 30 2006, 08:27 PM) View Post

edit:  I just wanted to add that when I ran into the 1st boomer and heard him yell "BOOM" I laughed for like an hour.  I thought that was awesome in a funny way.

Only a genius could make such a simple character with one line so funny and entertaining.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

While the graphics are excellent, more detail needs to be given to the small stuff.

And the grainy self-shadowing look bad close-up on the characters face.

Doughboy3

• Archived User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

Please tell me how!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Gow 2 Changes?
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

make sure player 1 is signed into thie live gold account, turn  on the player 2 controller, then go to mutliplayer, then click player match. then at the bottom of the screen it will show to press Y i think, sign in the player 2 profile, then just selct guest.
Pages: [1] 2