xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suck At Gow Multiplayer Also?!?!?!  (Read 432 times)

Dragula56

• Archived User
Suck At Gow Multiplayer Also?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »

Hey guys.  I also am not very good at the online.  I seem to be good as a supporting player but if I have to take the lead forget about it.  Anyway if anyone want's to play give me a FR gamertag Dragula56.  hope to see you guys online.

6irl6amer6ore

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alkane @ Dec 6 2006, 04:29 AM) View Post

Host advantage is horrible on this game.  The worst the host's connection the more advantage they get.  I get very noticeable host advantage when I host so I don't.  This and the voice bug are my only big gripes.

I don't get the whole host advantage thing?  What's that all about?   I know you get achievments for hosting games, and playing ranked matches ... but other than that ... what's up?   Thanx guyz wink.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

Host advantage: The host always has the best connection. Since their upload depends on how much lag the others get. If they have a fast upload then they can transmit the data back to the other players fast enough for it not to matter, but if they have a slow upload then it takes longer for the data to make it back to the other players, thus causing lag/latency issues. Host in most cases will never experience the lag cause they are the ones that the connection is running off of. Basically the hosts screen will always be "real time" and the other players can be milliseconds to 1-2 seconds behind. That's why sometimes you might shoot a guy point blank with a shotgun and he doesn't even get hit, if it's a 1 second difference he may already be behind or beside you by the time you really pull the trigger.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Dec 7 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

Host advantage: The host always has the best connection. Since their upload depends on how much lag the others get. If they have a fast upload then they can transmit the data back to the other players fast enough for it not to matter, but if they have a slow upload then it takes longer for the data to make it back to the other players, thus causing lag/latency issues. Host in most cases will never experience the lag cause they are the ones that the connection is running off of. Basically the hosts screen will always be "real time" and the other players can be milliseconds to 1-2 seconds behind. That's why sometimes you might shoot a guy point blank with a shotgun and he doesn't even get hit, if it's a 1 second difference he may already be behind or beside you by the time you really pull the trigger.

It amazes me that a lot of people are unaware of this.  It's also funny when those hosting are talking trash and thinking they are bad asses. rolleyes.gif

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

Yeah I've noticed a large amount of host friendliness in GoW.  I usually play with 2 other guys (one being host) and we win pretty much every game.  I pretty much suck at multi, the only way I get kills is either nades, nade tagging, or saw.  I have probably killed 7 or 8 people by shooting them, but most by sawing or nading.  Anyway, whenever we don't host a game it's much harder to get a win...thus we always host.

6irl6amer6ore

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Dec 8 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

It amazes me that a lot of people are unaware of this.  It's also funny when those hosting are talking trash and thinking they are bad asses. rolleyes.gif

Had no idea.  Wow, that's just crazy... is it like that with other games online ... or just gow?  Hmmm, I'll just be hosting from now on then.   laugh.gif

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

It pissed me off when people wait in the middle to jump on the hosts side. I'm always Locust if I can help it, and the host is 99% of the time COG. Nothing is more satisfying than handing the host teams arse to them on a silver plate  biggrin.gif

Also, is anyone else getting really pissed off by the Hammer of Dawn in multiplayer? Whenever I'm killed by it I feel very cheaped, like some guy just standby'd you on Halo lol

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(HamSandwhich @ Dec 12 2006, 01:07 AM) View Post

It pissed me off when people wait in the middle to jump on the hosts side. I'm always Locust if I can help it, and the host is 99% of the time COG. Nothing is more satisfying than handing the host teams arse to them on a silver plate  biggrin.gif

Also, is anyone else getting really pissed off by the Hammer of Dawn in multiplayer? Whenever I'm killed by it I feel very cheaped, like some guy just standby'd you on Halo lol

Yeah I didn't even know the Hammer was in multi till last night  laugh.gif  The whole match it was just being cheesed to death. I guess I can't really blame people for using it though since there is that 100 kills with the Hammer achievement to get.

I find frag tagging very annoying too BTW  grr.gif

6irl6amer6ore

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

my 360 is messed up guys that just recently added me.  so u wont see me on GoW anytime soon.  i will more than likely have to send it in for repairs.  Red lights of doom, no picture...no dashboard...just dead red lights not flashing.  I may have to send in for the cardboard coffin. ::sinff sniff::   sleep.gif

....i think it was caused by an overload of data jammed into the HDD.  I had a lot on it to begin with , then it just couldn't handle FFXI and the Playonline viewer i guess.  I never had problems w/ it before.  ::sigh:: dry.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(6irl6amer6ore @ Dec 15 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

my 360 is messed up guys that just recently added me.  so u wont see me on GoW anytime soon.  i will more than likely have to send it in for repairs.  Red lights of doom, no picture...no dashboard...just dead red lights not flashing.  I may have to send in for the cardboard coffin. ::sinff sniff::   sleep.gif

....i think it was caused by an overload of data jammed into the HDD.  I had a lot on it to begin with , then it just couldn't handle FFXI and the Playonline viewer i guess.  I never had problems w/ it before.  ::sigh:: dry.gif

If your 360 is out of warranty, read this link: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=539063

Follow the steps and links provided to determine exactly what error it is, and then the possible solutions to fix it.  My friend is having the 3 flashing red problem too, and is going to do the 'heatgun fix'.

trigger_

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

Yeah me too! I suck at GoW online multiplayer. And last time I was playing on the weekend I was playing these idiots who kept insulting me coz they thought they were really badasses.

There should be a NOOB option in Xbox Live in your Gamertag settings that if selected only pits you against other NOOBS. And the option can be selected or unselected. I think that would be a great idea!

Anyway, my gamertag is trigger x360 so any online multiplayer shooter noobs out there give me a shout!    biggrin.gif

**note: there is a space between trigger and x360.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

Tip for all you Halo2 one-man-army's, you have a high chance of getting blown away facing multiple people at once. stay with your team, even if they are shit, they will revive you if you go down and the odds are against the person you're attacking wink.gif When I first started playing I was shit, now I'm very good if I do say so myself.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

I was pretty decent and now when I try switching back and forth between Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas I get messed up with the different cover... I think it's worst going from Gears to Vegas though... I seem to always switch my vision when I try to reload...  biggrin.gif

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

Hahah I was doing the same the other day on GRAW. Trying to active reload, sprint and dive into cover etc jester.gif

briguymaine

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

Hi All,

I'm one of those Xmas Noobs. Just got my Xbox, PGR3 and GoW a couple of days ago and I'm having a blast. I found this thread and I'm looking for friendly games to help my skills, I think we all are! So I've added some of your names to my friends list, I don't know if that is exactly what I am supposed to do but it's done now  biggrin.gif

So if you see me around at night (after the kiddies go to bed) I'm probably looking to for a game. BTW, Berserker scared the shit out of me but I'm over it now.

Gamertag: briguymaine
Pages: 1 [2]