xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X05: Gears Of War  (Read 330 times)

Heet

• Archived User
X05: Gears Of War
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »

OH shit my bad.  It was on the same as gotham so...anyways, nowonder you couldnt find it lol.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

laugh.gif

I did some digging and came up with nothing.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

That IGN Rainy Night video is pretty slick (no pun intended).  I love the way the lightning lights up the whole area *really* bright like that, and how the rain runs down the tree trunks.

But that beastie at the end is just nasty. Wouldn't want to die like that...

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Im surprised noones done the usual and asked if that was real time  laugh.gif

maybe people are waking up around here?

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

Make sure you check out this one it seems to show more of how marcus moves within the environment

LOOK

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

yah thats the first one I got from IGN yesterday.

total mayhem and particle effects.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

sad.gif

oh the pain!!

I have 4 videos, they all start off differently but end up the same  uhh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Man that Game is beautiful, I'm really interested in it but more for the adventure horror aspects as opposed to the shooter aspects. I don't know if you could really compare it to Halo. Halo is an FPS through and though, GOW is an Adventure Horror Crossed with a 3rd Person Shooter. Two completely different games really.

I totally Agree with Chaos Theory being at the top of my list of best games.  beerchug.gif Definitely a game that could pass as next gen. Just recently I managed to find a new and unsold copy of the Limited Metal Box edition... I jumped on that faster than a hobo on a ham sandwich. Now that I've finally finished the home theater in my basement I need to play though it again on the projector with the surround sound cranked up, my last time through all my good equipment was in storage so I was playing on a 32" CRT.

Speaking of games that could pass for next gen, have you played Burnout Revenge yet? That game is beautiful, maybe not full fledged next gen, but it certainly looks better than a lot of current gen titles, I can't wait to see what that one looks like ported to the 360 in 720p with FSAA  love.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

yeah I saw Revenge, but couldnt get into it, looked good though.

I also like the horror aspect in Gears, the rain and lightning walking thru those woods was just drool material.

Just recently I managed to find a new and unsold copy of the Limited Metal Box edition... I jumped on that faster than a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Hahahahaahaha classic line from Twisted.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

Upon entering the factory, the crew is pummeled by beasts. There appear to be at least two variations, but one type is called Wretches. When they scream, the sonic frequency from their voices shatters all lights in the nearby area. When it goes pitch black in Gears of War, it gets blindingly black. Your HQ contact girly continues to send you level by level details -- Cortana-style -- and leads you down into the factory, deeper and deeper you go.

You'll blast through several light and dark patches until you reach...wait or it, mine carts. MINE CARTS BABY! The old-school platforming standard makes a comeback in an Epic shooter, How random is that? This is the part CliffyB likes to call Space Mountain with guns. Fitting, indeed. You use the mine cart to duck enemy attacks, and to pick off enemies attacking your allies, who happen to be in another mine cart on parallel track. The rest of the level was a massive shoot-a-thon of enemies creeping up out of the dark and either trying to ravage you or your teammates. Make it to the bottom and you're in safe, at least for the moment.

Good grief I wanna see that part!

pop.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

well the 2nd vid hasnt been released yet, the one where they get on the mine carts..I hope we see it soon. Heres something I came across...

user posted image

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

That faceplate looks like something any of us could've made.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

tongue.gif

youre becoming cynical like recently banned members  blink.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

I meant it looked like the ones we made a while back with Adobe Photoshop. Where we drag in a photo and it looks like a faceplate. Unless that has been announced as official, it could easily be a photoshopped image. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since a photo of a real faceplate looks the same as a photo of a photoshopped faceplate.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

uhh.gif

Pages: 1 [2] 3