xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Little Doa4 Rant...  (Read 261 times)

jbp20717

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« on: March 09, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

Now I've just come from playing the game in question, so some of the things a say may be a bit rash, but anywho....

What the hell were Team Ninja thinking grr.gif  - I've got nothing against hard games, but plain annoying just isn't on.  To be more specific I'm talking about trying to get a gold in tag Time Attack; I've managed 2:30.42 before dry.gif  and just now after 4 extremely fast fights I was seriously eyeing a place at the top of the leaderboard, but of course it takes several minutes to complete the last fight grr.gif   It's as if the game has an automatic annoy-o-meter which it hikes up if you're doing well.  Of course it isn't just tag time attack either, the main boss isn't particularly hard to beat, but is so annoying as you get the impression that if need be it could defeat you in two or three moves (which is indeed possible) and often does....and when you have to defeat it twice in single time attack after already having completed 7 fights, your just asking for trouble.  As for survival, in both single and tag, at some point - and it could be the 7th or 67th fight - a character will come along that seems programmed to beat you no matter what and you've just gotta live with it mad.gif  Not to mention the extreme abiguity of the moves in the sparring exercises....

I love this game in multiplayer, but when it comes to playing on my own it's just bloody stupid....I thought games were meant to be fun sleep.gif

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

Its really challenging. But i find that Alpha is pretty easy to beat if you just keep doing the PPPPP combo your char has...she kidna freaks out and doenst dodge you/teleport well if you do it that way.

jwin767

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

Alpha is easliy beaten just do running / high fly moves and combos on her, its her weakness and when she teleports just delay your punch about 1 second and u turn around to her and carry on slaughtering her.

unclepauly

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

If you keep winning in single player the game cranks up the difficulty meter yes.......

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

The difficulty of your opponent changes with which level your playing, it has nothing to do with you being on a roll or winning X amount of times

if you're on battle 6  then you're on difficulty 6

Alpha isn't that hard once you get used to how she fights (she's VERY predictable) I can usually dispatch her in one or two attempts now, I have a much harder time on the battle just before her because I'm fighting a randing non-predictable character with their difficulty cranked all the way up.

jbp20717

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

I don't find Alpha particularly hard, she can just be annoying, especially when using a character that I'm not over familiar with.  I find just continually using the R button on her works with a lot of characters (even though I frown upon using L and R in VS fights).  I agree that the penultimate fight can be harder at times.  

Oh - I finally managed to get a gold at 2:26 after a bunch of 2:33 attempts, even though the fourth fight took 42 seconds and for I moment I thought I might lose the last one.  Now ranked 95th or something like that, although there's obvious room for improvement.  Now onto survival...

lostboyz

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

the worst one i had was my first time through with spartan458 on alpha152 it honestly took me 30 minutes because i just didnt know any moves for spartan and she is so damn slow

metalhead212

• Archived User
My Little Doa4 Rant...
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

Spartan slow?! I thought she was amazingly fast for a woman wearing some heavy ass looking full body armor. Seriously though I thought she really had some speed. Her toughness could be a little higher, but I think she is a solid fighter. I wish they would have given her her own unique fighting style though. Even that isn't bad though. Just fighting with a Spartan gives her cloned moves a feshness.

P.S.- Congrats to jpb20717 for making his goal.