xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doa4 - Tv Mhz  (Read 417 times)

Ozy

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(No_Name @ Feb 15 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

Ninja Giden did not have an option for PAL 50/60. Like all Xbox games it picked the display mode you the user had set in the dashboard.

That's what I ment. DoA 4 doesn't give you to option. You load it in PAL50 and it disables all controlls.

No_Name

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

Its a small round button top right of the remote I used.

Its got 3 little screens above it with different symbols. I did not enter the menus of the TV at all

Joergen

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(death trap @ Feb 15 2006, 03:01 AM) View Post

Most TVs built after about 1995 in the uk support both 50Hz and 60Hz.  Ive owened 8 different tvs since 95 and all but a matsui 14" portable supported 60Hz, I guess you've just been unlucky with your tv.

You can get a 28" widescreen for under £100 if you hunt about on the net, I'm currently enjoying DOA4 on a 28" widesreen that cost less that two xbox games.

Quoted for the truth, but actually PAL60 is from 1987 or at least that is the first TV I've had that supported it via RGB scart.

I guess if you buy the cheapest each time you can succeed in getting a non PAL60 tv up until around 1995 afterwhich any TV with a scart or s-video input supports PAL60 and even direct NTSC via composite and RF.

The poster has managed to fool alot of people into thinking this is some sort of issue, when infact either his knowledge of which input his TV requires to support PAL60 is lacking or he's just bitching because his grandma TV doesnt support it.

edit: according to the VERY lacking specs in the link you posted, it should support NTSC through RF or even composite (though would require a switch in the menus if no autodetection) and even has a D-SUB VGA input that you can use.. just get the VGA cable!

Carlo210

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

I'm probably missing something, but what do you guys mean by 'switching it to 60hz mode'?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Feb 16 2006, 09:53 AM) View Post

I'm probably missing something, but what do you guys mean by 'switching it to 60hz mode'?

It refers to the refresh rate 60Hz refreshes the screen's content 60 times per second, 50Hz refreshes the screen's content 50 times per second. Computer monitors can typically accept a wide range of refresh rates but TVs are locked down to a set standard... in NA we only have the one standard but in europe they have 2

you're in Canada... and like the US we only have 1 video mode (60Hz) so we don't have any options to switch from one mode to the other.

Europe used to use 50Hz, and has started adopting 60Hz so some content is in one mode and some content is in the other.

North America and Japan are known as "NTSC" and Europe and Australia are known as "PAL" countries it used to be that NTSC meant 60Hz and PAL meant 50Hz but since europe and other PAL countries started adopting 60Hz standards they started referring to them as PAL50 and PAL60... There are other differences between PAL and NTSC (like resolution) so it makes snese why they'd call it PAL50 and PAL60 as opposed to calling it NTSC but it really just adds unnecessary confusion.

No_Name

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

Its a PAL TV the default refreesh rate is 50Hz or 50 frames a second

Most PAL TVs can also refresh at 60hz or 60 frames per second.

Now. I know my TV at home and the TV I have here on my desk both auto switch depending on the input but some TVs have the display mode set by the user using a button on the remote or from the TV menu

jbp20717

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

I haven't known a TV that can be switched from 50hz to 60hz and viceversa - the switching is done via the Xbox 360 dashboard, as with the Xbox.  Some PS2 and (a lot of) Dreamcast games gave us Europeans the option to choose between 50hz and 60hz when the game boots.

I also remember Project Gotham Racing saves being lost when I went from using a 60hz TV to a 50hz.  It's possible that it does it to avoid mixing acheived times e.g. on most Nintendo 64 games like Mario Kart 64, the NTSC - which ran by default at 60hz - version was 20% faster than the PAL version.

No_Name

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

I have used a few TVs that I had to switch the mode manually as the did did not auto switch.

Now it did depend on the cable I used to connect the device to my TV, the SCART Socket and input I was using as much as the TV.

envy

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

Well the good news is that its ok now biggrin.gif

Big thanks to No_Name who had the right answer.

Basically there is a button (but does nothing if not in AV mode) that changes to PAL setting.

Luckily realised this before i throw the tele out the window biggrin.gif

Tho im going to try PD0,PRG if they are ok on 60hz ill leave it on 60 for the forseeable!

Anyway was it worth all the hassle? Im not too sure, DOA4 is a good game visually but dont like the gameplay(AI too hard, the combinations which make no sense in english translation), and even the story? I mean what story lol.

Anyway thanks for your help guys biggrin.gif - before anyone starts flaming - yes im everything you say i am lol.

No_Name

• Archived User
Doa4 - Tv Mhz
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

Glad to know your able to enjoy your games again
Pages: 1 [2]