xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doa4 Sparring Mode  (Read 566 times)

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

oh, and for the record
i finally unlocked everything i had unlocked, prior to the data loss

and I finally got deja vu down!

mgrunge1967

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

I have done Every move in the execise mode exept thet Hayate crap that they call a move. Even if you get that in the exercise mode, how practical will it be in actual gameplay?  Is the rotation of the first part acurate?  All that happens is he jumps halfway through the rotation of the first part rendering the move useless for a grab. What the hell am i doing wrong? I can't even get the first part. if I do the <--  --> hold, I flip over but that is not acurate.  Pointers anyone?

mgrunge1967

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Ok, I finally did parts 1 and 2 but not three. my thumb is raw and my nerves are shot. this might help anyone else who is trying.

1) Use the joystick, not the control pad. Do a standard punch, as soon as you
press the punch button start from the joystick down position than rotate it
counter clockwise until it's straight down again and hit throw. This should do
the first part of the throw. Practice until you can get this part everytime.

2) For this part it is easier to switch to the control pad because it's easier
to input single directions. If you choose not to do that or aren't quick enough
than just be careful with the joystick. Memorize the combination and practice
doing it on the ground a few times. Once it's in your head combine it with the
first one. It's best to start as soon as you flip over your opponents head, and
must be done before the "combo throw" dissapears.

3) This is the hardest part of the throw. Use whatever you find the easiest to
input commands in. Don't listen to the combo throw icon as it lies to you
during this part of the throw. You must get this part off between the time he
reaches his opponent in the air, and before he delivers the kick that sends
them downward. It's very hard and must be done quickly. If you do it however
than it should finish the throw.

**Note**
A lot of people are accidentally performing the Kagero-Mawari (qcf+t) instead
of doing the first part of the Raijin. This comes from one of two things.
Either you are not doing a full rotation with the joystick, or you are not
starting and ending straight down. Make sure you start straight down and press
the joystick out hard so that you hit every one of the 8 directions and end up
back at down. If you don't do a full rotation, meaning you start down and press
throw at ddb, instead of straight down again you'll do the Kagero-Mawari. Make
sure you do a full 360 rotation with that joystick!

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(mgrunge1967 @ Jan 13 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post

Ok, I finally did parts 1 and 2 but not three. my thumb is raw and my nerves are shot. this might help anyone else who is trying.

1) Use the joystick, not the control pad. Do a standard punch, as soon as you
press the punch button start from the joystick down position than rotate it
counter clockwise until it's straight down again and hit throw. This should do
the first part of the throw. Practice until you can get this part everytime.

2) For this part it is easier to switch to the control pad because it's easier
to input single directions. If you choose not to do that or aren't quick enough
than just be careful with the joystick. Memorize the combination and practice
doing it on the ground a few times. Once it's in your head combine it with the
first one. It's best to start as soon as you flip over your opponents head, and
must be done before the "combo throw" dissapears.

3) This is the hardest part of the throw. Use whatever you find the easiest to
input commands in. Don't listen to the combo throw icon as it lies to you
during this part of the throw. You must get this part off between the time he
reaches his opponent in the air, and before he delivers the kick that sends
them downward. It's very hard and must be done quickly. If you do it however
than it should finish the throw.

**Note**
A lot of people are accidentally performing the Kagero-Mawari (qcf+t) instead
of doing the first part of the Raijin. This comes from one of two things.
Either you are not doing a full rotation with the joystick, or you are not
starting and ending straight down. Make sure you start straight down and press
the joystick out hard so that you hit every one of the 8 directions and end up
back at down. If you don't do a full rotation, meaning you start down and press
throw at ddb, instead of straight down again you'll do the Kagero-Mawari. Make
sure you do a full 360 rotation with that joystick!

Oddly enough, after spending like 1/2 an hour with deja vu, I got frustrated and decided to see what the deal with Ryu was, and I did that move after 3-4 tries. Then I got discouraged after every other move after it involved more fo the same.

@_@

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

I DID IT!!!

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!

I finally, after 3 hours of constant effort, finally pulled of the Raijin move with Hayate!  

I figured out some tactics to make it easier.  I couldn't do it in a fight, but damn if I didn't do it just now!  Yippie!  tongue.gif

adfinder23

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

This game is hard. I've had for a few days, but just threw it in today to actually sit down and play. I got my ass kicked. So I figured this must be a game where you actually need to learn the moves.

So I picked the chick with the mask and went practicing. I got up to about 35 moves out of 70+ and got stuck. I tried the move for 20 mins. Over and over and over again. Luckily they show you what buttons you are pressing otherwise I'd blame myself for somehow not hitting the right buttons. But since they do show them, I blame the game. I know you guys like it(and I probably will too, especially playing non computer opponents) but DAMN. There is nothing to indicate how fast or slow or spaced you should do the moves. Instead of showing Left, Kick, Kick, Down, Kick they should put spaces in between to show time. If they're right next to eachother go quick, if there's a space slow it down.

I don't know if timing is the problem or what, but I tried it 100s of times. Slow and fast. And I'm counting the times I inputted it correctly, not the times I messed up.

After 20 mins I finally got it. Now that's all good, but for one thing if it's that hard to do when you have trained your hands to do that move for 20 mins and still couldn't get it, how are you supposed to accomplish the move in actual gameplay with someone attacking you.

Secondly, when I finally accomplished the move I didn't even do it right. I spent 20 mins doing the move correctly and it wouldn't work. Then for some luck I do the move incorrectly and it was right?!? And when I say I did the move incorrectly, I don't mean I added a button before or after the sequence, I mean there was a wrong move in the middle of the sequence. It was supposed to be left,kick,kick,down, kick. And I did something like: left, kick, kick+down, down, kick.  Now how is that not bullshit. Is it a flaw in the game or what. Because that's definately not the only move that took sometime and now that that has happened when I hit a move that I can't do, I don't know if it's my timing or if the sequence they're telling me to do is actually wrong.

By the way what does it mean when you have say:  P + K  and above the p and k are little downward facing triangles. Not arrows, but triangles because there is no stick attached to the triangle to classify it as an arrow. It's the last move I got stuck on and gave up. It was: left, P + K and the downward triangles on top of each P and K.

Also, since this game really requires some moves(not a game where punching and kicking will let you win, nor button mashing, it seems you need combos and special moves) who is a good character to be. Usually in fighting games I switch around for the fun of it without learning any one person's moves. But I think I need to pick one, learn their moves, and specialize.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(adfinder23 @ Jan 14 2006, 10:36 PM) View Post

By the way what does it mean when you have say:  P + K  and above the p and k are little downward facing triangles. Not arrows, but triangles because there is no stick attached to the triangle to classify it as an arrow. It's the last move I got stuck on and gave up. It was: left, P + K and the downward triangles on top of each P and K.

punch and kick at the same time (or left trigger since its programmed to be both at the same time) and the triangle your talking about means hold it. i'm assuming your move is back and hold left trigger.

TbpReaper

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

NO LONGER FOLLOW WHAT THE IN GAME BUTTONS OR FAQS ANSWERS SAY
Ok now that I have your attention, to complete thr Raijin throw combo with minimum stress and frustration please follow me and think outside of the box.
It took me a good 3 hours, couple mountain dews, and a lot of my music playing for me to do this.
Now I'm not saying the other answers are wrong but this works I know. It took me a while to finally try different things then the answers were saying but finally i did and it worked!
So here is my way of doing the Raijin Throw Combo.....

1) When the opponent is standing to the left of you rotate the left thumbstick as fast as you can (hopefully quite fast) counter clockwise and after 2 or 3 rotations start tapping A maybe.... 3 or 4 times as you keep rotating the thumbstick and he WILL do the 1st step to the combo which is throwing the opponent up in the air. (When the opponent is standing to the right rotate the thumbstick clock wise. So whichever way he is standing you want the thumbstick to be rotating to where it is coming down on his head.) This then becomes not an issue of "will he do it" but an issue of "when he will do it." Now you maybe not do it the first time but give it a good go and youll get it.

2) For this one you must have good reflexes for when he does it. Though if you master the 1st step as I did you should have the hang of when he will do it. NOW this step is also a bit tricky and you MUST be quick. See what i figured out was that if you simply tap A once it will not go in, it wont be acknowledged. So you must quickly try to do the arrow combo and hit A 2, 3, or 4 times... however many until he does it.

Now IF you have mastered the first step and done the second one one or two times like I have right now you will be smiling like theres no tommorow :> A. for the fact that you havent done the damn grapple that puts you behind the oppent for some time, and becasue "Man I almost did it there!!!!"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST NOW DURING WRITING THIS VERY FAQ ANSWER HAVE DONE THE RAIJIN THROW COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) *Exhale* Sorry I am beside myself right now OK!. For the third step all you have to do is when he is kicking the opponent in the air is do the arrow combo as sloppily as you want and hit A a couple of times and you should have it. Thats all I did! And I only did the 2nd step 3 times!

Canpedo

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »

I have been trying to do this Raijin thing for about a week now.  I was up until 2am last night after 6 hours straight trying to do this.  I pulled off Deja Vu first try.  I can do Ryu's drop thing fine.  But  THIS!!!

As far as I can tell, this is the best way to about it;

Start with a [forward] [Punch], it'll bring you in close to the opponent and give you enough time to do the rotation without him jumping.

Then, rotate the D-pad by rolling the middle of your thumb round it, just as you would the analogue stick.  Start at [diagonal back left] and do a full circle, then let go of the D-pad before you press throw.

Then, release the throw button BEFORE starting the next combination.  Use the D-pad again.  As long as you hit the right buttons in the right order, you can have any others in between, but it has to be done faster than man should be able to press buttons.  Trying hitting throw a couple of times during this, why not?

The third bit... dunno.  I can't do it.  I can barely get the 2nd part in;  maybe 1 out of every 3-500 attempts, I'll get the second part in.  

Any guide I've ever found has been unhelpful, or just plain wrong (if you rotate from the [down] position, you duck when you throw!) and I am going crazy trying to get this thing.  What the hell is the POINT in this move?!  It's just irritating- nobody would ever consider trying to do it in a battle, and certainly wouldn't get it in if they did.  I'm angry at whoever's idea this move is, and if anybody can find their address, I say we all order ridiculous amounts of fast food/strippers/police there (stupid people nb. no, not really).

Canpedo

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!  I just pulled it off...

The trick to the second part is... NOT trying to press the damn thing as fast as possible.  You should be starting the command when Hayate is ON THE GROUND, about to launch the opponent.  The throw button should be pressed AFTER the opponent is launched (but no too long!).  Just pause before entering the second command, and only hit the throw button once.  

After that- plain sailing, just input the third command shortly before Hayate kicks the opponent down and finish it just immediatly after.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]