xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Doa4 Sparring Mode  (Read 592 times)

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

Anyone know of any sites where to get some tips on some of the more difficult moves in sparring mode?

Or of any of yall have suggestions of your own, feel free to do so.

Currently, Im having trouble with Lisas "Deja Vu" throw, its driving me nuts!

Himura

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

All i can say to help is to do the next move when the words in light blue show up. Not exactly sure what they say since thats not what I pay attention to  laugh.gif
But if you think the Deja Vu is difficult, just wait till you get to Hayate.

Btw, are you doing these in the Exercise mode?

metaldevil

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

Do the first command. Enter the second command as soon as you see the blue text like Himura said. Immediately enter the third command after that. I had a problem with this one, too, until I realized I was entering a clockwise circle instead of a counter-clockwise circle for the last command.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 8 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

Do the first command. Enter the second command as soon as you see the blue text like Himura said. Immediately enter the third command after that. I had a problem with this one, too, until I realized I was entering a clockwise circle instead of a counter-clockwise circle for the last command.

Ah Ill give that a shot.

Just for kicks I tried pl aying DOA2 on my Dreamcast. Its funny. Its been so long since I played it, I forgot how similar it was to DOA3, which is wierd considering how similar DOA4 is to 3.
In all, DOA4 looks more like just an upgrade over the previous DOA games.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

timing is everything...

timing is different depending on which move your doing too, so saying "do it this way" wont work for everything.

if you can get the first part down good. get familiar with how it looks then watch the computer do it (clicking the right stick I believe).

you should be able to determine what point the computers move looks different from the first part you did you want to complete the 2nd part just before that happens.

And yeah Hayate has the most difficult throw combo in the game. I've completed everyone's sparring mode but his

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Jan 8 2006, 11:58 PM

Lunar Aura

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

Me and a friend spent a good part of 15 minutes trying to pull this move [Hayate's "Raijin" throw combo] off with the default 360 controller. I finally did part 3 entirely by accident. So, good luck.

OT: It oughta be an achievement landing this move against Alpha Kasumi (but it probably isn't).

Funny how unforgiving that move is, yet Hayabusa's combo throw izuna drops are so lenient.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by Lunar Aura: Jan 9 2006, 07:28 AM

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

One thing I've noticed in the exercises is that each character's timing is different.  Brad Wong's stance throws offer a different throw combo timing than say... Lisa's or Lei Fang's throw combo timing.  My suggestion is to watch the demonstration (R3 buttong I think) on repeat (you can keep pressing it for a stop motion type scene of the move).  This emphasizes the need to watch the character's body language instead of actually timing the button presses.  This helped me immensely with some of the throw combos.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lunar Aura @ Jan 9 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

Me and a friend spent a good part of 15 minutes trying to pull this move [Hayate's "Raijin" throw combo] off with the default 360 controller. I finally did part 3 entirely by accident. So, good luck.

OT: It oughta be an achievement landing this move against Alpha Kasumi (but it probably isn't).

Funny how unforgiving that move is, yet Hayabusa's combo throw izuna drops are so lenient.  huh.gif

it is very unforgiving... it just furthered my frustration with the Xbox 360 Dpad. I don't understand how they can charge $50 for a controller with a D-pad that is such utter junk.

The game wont give you the move without an absolute perfect button entry and it's next to impossible to do with the dpad, it's sad that it's a bit easier with the analog stick.

I can do Lisa's "Deja Vu" and Ryu's "Izuna Drop" variations all day long but Hayate's "Raijin" is perfect or nothing...  dry.gif

Maybe they did it to encourage you to purchace the Arcade Stick... I might actually consider buying one if they were wireless.

It shows how much of a modder I am when I've debated adding a couple programable buttons to the controller to pull off this move  laugh.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

yeah, that deja vu is driving me crazy, I can do all her other moves just fine.

She does the first part where she wraps around the opponent, but then she stops and does a back breaker type moves when I input the second command.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

GunnerX

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

Lisa's Deja Vu actually didn't take me long to do.  I just practice doing the first part, then find the timing for the second part.  This is the critical point as the timing is different for the characters.  The last part is usually done right away after the second part is complete.

What took me a while was Kokoro's SPoD clone move.  I'm not looking forward to Hayate.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

just great

My friend created a live silver account, and started playing some DOA4

And I guess when he created a new save, it erased my save. How lame

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Jan 10 2006, 01:13 PM) View Post

just great

My friend created a live silver account, and started playing some DOA4

And I guess when he created a new save, it erased my save. How lame

huh  uhh.gif

How exactly does that work... DOA doesn't exactly have saves,  Besides Saves are embedded within the profiles so that would be a difficult trick to pull.

If you play 2 player though using a profile with a lot of achievements, quite often it will bestow your achievements on whoever beats you... My brother created a profile and we were playing some 2 player, we played about 8 or 10 matches in a row which I won. then he won and it gave him an "Achievement Unlocked Message" clicking the guide button it showed he's unlocked all of my story mode and played for X hours achievements  blink.gif  Not only that but I've heard of this exact same thing happening to several other people.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 10 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

huh  uhh.gif

How exactly does that work... DOA doesn't exactly have saves,  Besides Saves are embedded within the profiles so that would be a difficult trick to pull.

If you play 2 player though using a profile with a lot of achievements, quite often it will bestow your achievements on whoever beats you... My brother created a profile and we were playing some 2 player, we played about 8 or 10 matches in a row which I won. then he won and it gave him an "Achievement Unlocked Message" clicking the guide button it showed he's unlocked all of my story mode and played for X hours achievements  blink.gif  Not only that but I've heard of this exact same thing happening to several other people.

its a bug with how it saves, this post on the main page confirms it http://www.xbox-scen...VpZOiuKJBVv.php , i have read that what he is saying is the cause of the bug also (if another profile starts up the game, it overwrites the old info)

---edit---

just checked your post date and the date of the post on the main page, and saw that you posted before that was up, sorry for pointing out something that everyone probably already knows

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

wink.gif  no worries

the problem isn't that the game save gets deleted as it gets overwritten with a new gamesave (that consequently has nothing in it)

I would imagine the problem arises when the victim profile isn't the main profile on the console... the problem apparently only occurs when the console is booted disc in drive. My guess is when this happens the console's main profile is loaded and forced onto DOA, since DOA only has 1 save game (and save games are required to be tied to a profile) it loads the save game from the console's main profile (which could be nothing) and forces it over the one real save game that resides in another profile.

of course this is just theory...

Here's a question to those experiencing problems... Is the profile you're using with the "deleted" save game the console's main Profile (the one you setup the first time you booted the console?) or is it another profile?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Doa4 Sparring Mode
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 12 2006, 02:52 PM) View Post

Here's a question to those experiencing problems... Is the profile you're using with the "deleted" save game the console's main Profile (the one you setup the first time you booted the console?) or is it another profile?

is that profile you setup when you get the system considered the "main" profile? i just wanted to play some madden first thing when i got mine, so rather then taking the time to port my xbox live account over, i just made an account called reaper, then when i ported my live account over, it created the reaper527 account for me, and that account is the one that autolog-ins for me even though both are present (along with a bunch of my friends accounts) i think it just does an autologin on the last profile used
Pages: [1] 2