xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ign Plays Doa 4 Just Last Week...  (Read 81 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Ign Plays Doa 4 Just Last Week...
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »

they played a build thats 95% done..

Impressions within..

http://xbox360.ign.c...2/672659p1.html

smile.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »

cant read at work right now, any good quotes anyone can post in here?  anything of interest would be great.   biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

The game looks friggin amazing...

but Halo fans will flip when they see that this is one of the arenas:
IPB Image
NASSAU STATION

ITAGAKI SAYS: "It isn't even really necessary to talk about this. This is really the ultimate expression of Bungie and Team Ninja's technology and expertise being fused together. It's ended up in a fantastic result as you can see."

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

I wonder if Itagaki is still pulling 22 hour workdays.  They keep delaying it so he either is passing out from exhaustion, or it's going gold VERY soon.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

He needs to lay off the crack pipe for a few hours and get it Gold!

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

Itagaki explains: "Every time a Dead or Alive game is made, there are tons of ideas that don't make it to the finished product -- that's just a natural product of game design. There's generally two reasons why a stage concept wouldn't make it through. One, during the process of studying the hardware, it no longer became realistic to do that stage.

My fellow Xbox owners are going to hate me for this, but to me it sounds like one of Itagaki's ideas has already been scrapped because of the console's limitations.
Now he was probably speaking in general, so this doesn't necessarily mean he's already tapped into some kind of X360 limitation.
Oh well, Sony groupies are going to jump all over this pop.gif

Anyways, my favorite quote(s) is when IGN and Itagaki are describing the Savannah Safari stage.

ITAGAKI SAYS: "This stage has a cheetah that acts as a moving danger zone that will chase after you. It's cute. Games, obviously, aren't just for adults. Things that you can enjoy just based on the playful aspect of the visuals are important."

This stage offers some of the most breathtaking sights we've ever seen in a game, and all those giant elephants (and the cheetah) mean just one thing: plenty of danger. The Savannah Safari stage was actually in Dead or Alive Ultimate, and it remains a two level stage, although the top level is now more expansive. Get to the bottom level, and you'll find a constant animal stampede that acts as a wall, and a very dangerous danger zone.