xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Help With Live  (Read 301 times)

SupraKid

• Archived User
Newbie Help With Live
« on: June 20, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(zcity888 @ Jun 20 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post

PLEASE HELP !!!!

I am a few days into this and consider myself a pretty decent gamer, however I am getting SMOKED continuously on cod2 xbox 360 live.

Is it plain and simple - I SUCK  or are there navigation tricks/tips, aiming tricks/tips, special night vision stuff, special map positioning/locators ????????  How come I am the one ALWAYS getting sneaked up on ??  

Is it that i need to gain experience or are there some tricks/tips that people use to get 50 kills/game when i get 3.

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picking the right gun for the map is key. If the map is wide open you would want something for long range (sniper, etc..), as opposed to a map with alot of walls where you would benefit from having a short range gun (trench gun, machine gun).

Crouch in areas where people may be close to you so they do not hear your footsteps....dont run everywhere. Try to avoid being in wide open spots longer than you need to be there. It takes time but it definately gets fun.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Newbie Help With Live
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(zcity888 @ Jun 20 2006, 09:56 AM) View Post

PLEASE HELP !!!!

I am a few days into this and consider myself a pretty decent gamer, however I am getting SMOKED continuously on cod2 xbox 360 live.

Is it plain and simple - I SUCK  or are there navigation tricks/tips, aiming tricks/tips, special night vision stuff, special map positioning/locators ????????  How come I am the one ALWAYS getting sneaked up on ??  

Is it that i need to gain experience or are there some tricks/tips that people use to get 50 kills/game when i get 3.

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess.....you played halo2 a lot, and are good at it.

The difference is CoD2 requires good FPS skills, unlike halo2.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Newbie Help With Live
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 20 2006, 04:34 PM) View Post

Let me guess.....you played halo2 a lot, and are good at it.

The difference is CoD2 requires good FPS skills, unlike halo2.

I'm decent at Halo 2, and I'm not to shabby at CoD 2 either, True FPS skill is the ability to adapt. Every game has its own skills. Every game just takes time and practice to get down. I don't play any one game enough anymore to have a good feel for it. Switching games is like hitting reset, at least for a couple matches.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Newbie Help With Live
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 21 2006, 06:26 PM) View Post

I'm decent at Halo 2, and I'm not to shabby at CoD 2 either, True FPS skill is the ability to adapt. Every game has its own skills. Every game just takes time and practice to get down. I don't play any one game enough anymore to have a good feel for it. Switching games is like hitting reset, at least for a couple matches.

I'm also 'decent' at halo 2; the best i got in TS was lvl 29, and that was just going into matchmaking by myself.  But..........halo 2 skills (if you can call it that) is entirely another beast then regular FPS skills.  Halo 2 has been dummied down to make the novice player decent.  How did they do this?  Increased the auto-aim and increased the hit-box.