xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Cod2 Player On Dial Up, Need Someone To Practice  (Read 338 times)

bigballer101

• Archived User
New Cod2 Player On Dial Up, Need Someone To Practice
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

y dont u upgrade 2 dsl or cable its only $15 a month now probably cheaper than what ur paying for 56k

bigballer101

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

do u think wifi is strong enough 2 reach that far? oo and how does cod 2 play on dial up?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigballer101 @ Jun 12 2006, 07:52 PM) View Post

do u think wifi is strong enough 2 reach that far? oo and how does cod 2 play on dial up?

not on live, live doesn't support dial up at all. he's probably using kai or some live alternative. and that wireless DSL he's talking about is probably similar to the wireless plans that verizon offers here in the US for laptops (unfortunately they aren't very quick sad.gif)

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

i know what game to avoid now lmao

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 13 2006, 11:53 AM) View Post

not on live, live doesn't support dial up at all. he's probably using kai or some live alternative. and that wireless DSL he's talking about is probably similar to the wireless plans that verizon offers here in the US for laptops (unfortunately they aren't very quick sad.gif)

XBL cannot detect what kind of connection you have.  What he is doing is using a Ethernet to dial up converter.  You can do this, and you can log onto XBL.  Though i would not recommend playing games on live this way.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 13 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post

XBL cannot detect what kind of connection you have.  What he is doing is using a Ethernet to dial up converter.  You can do this, and you can log onto XBL.  Though i would not recommend playing games on live this way.

it doesn't have some minimum bandwidth throughput requirement? i'm surprised the server doesn't drop people who upload/download no faster then 5kbps

Base8

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »

We have long range wireless broadband in our town.  You have to pay for an antenna but i think the speeds are good from what i hear.  in our town there a few mountians around so they place the big antennas for the town on them.  I just like dsl better, good upload bandwith wich is good for games.

I havent tryed 360 on Xbc yet, dont see the point, i guess if i had dialup i would though.