xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cod2 Writefield Error 1 Sentient Out Of Range On Goty Edition?  (Read 260 times)

marlowefire

• Archived User

After many hours of searching why my copy of COD2 does the writefield error 1:sentient out of range thus forcing me to restart the level, I gave up and sold the disc. Some say it could be the disc others say it could your 360.. I was wondering if anyone had any problems with the GOTY edition or any concrete answers to why it would do that error in the first place?

I should mention it never froze or locked up on the game.. just booted me out of the single player levels with that error in several different places.. Disc was unscratched and 360 has always been placed on side with power supply and 360 well ventilated with innercooler 360..

Any answers would be appreciated

smeriaux

• Archived User
Cod2 Writefield Error 1 Sentient Out Of Range On Goty Edition?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

I have the same issue  , it is not the disk and it is not the xbox , it is a bug in the game . I did report the issue to activision support and here is the answer :

"Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support.  I'm sorry to hear about your problem.  I will try as best as I can to help you.  This can be caused by straying too far from your objective when you reach a checkpoint.  This can also happen if you skip ahead during the game.  Please retry the level from an earlier save and stay close to your squadmates and listen to the commands being yelled out."

Mrcon

• Archived User
Cod2 Writefield Error 1 Sentient Out Of Range On Goty Edition?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

LEASE help guys, i have come to the last mission the rhine of the game and it comes up with an error game out of date or something. what shall i do?