xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finished Cod2 On Veteran  (Read 522 times)

Black Diamond

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Hey,

I don't get to play as much as I would like, so it is slow going for me.  I am just happy to see the next check
point.

biggrin.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 13 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post

Silo as it literally took me 3 days to do just that part of the level (I still haven't finished the sniping part at the end, I just barely finished the building capture part last night). I think Tiger was a harder level overall.

boy am i glad im not the only one... i literally just fniished sniping in silo mission.. holy shit... i think i got lucky on a couple of those captures, as ive been sitting here since about 7pm or so (now 10:30) doing nothing but that mission... now only 2 left! cant wait to beat the last misison and watch 3 achievements pop up!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 14 2006, 10:36 PM) View Post

boy am i glad im not the only one... i literally just fniished sniping in silo mission.. holy shit... i think i got lucky on a couple of those captures, as ive been sitting here since about 7pm or so (now 10:30) doing nothing but that mission... now only 2 left! cant wait to beat the last misison and watch 3 achievements pop up!

I just beat it last night  biggrin.gif

Monday night I finished the sniping part of silo... and I had to do the last 2.5minutes of it THREE TIMES because after finishing it when I went to go down the ladder... I fell... TWICE  dry.gif

Anyway I breezed through Hill 400 and Crossing the Rine. I don't know why people say hill 400 is the hardest level in the game. I flew through the first two levels of it and though "oh they must be talking about the third level"... nope that was just as easy.

I think they just worked well with my play style, they reminded me a lot of the Russian missions but without the snow, and I was really good at those.

Some tips if you are having trouble with hill 400, when you heading up the hill the 2nd bunker has a scoped gwer, it makes it easy to snipe th MG42s. When you get to the point with the half track, take out the guy on top and walk with it staying to it's right, it will eventually stop and wait by the back to mow down any survivors still inside, you'll get a check point here and have a much better position for taking out the mortar crews around the summit bunker.

The part where you have to snipe the mortar crews, take your time. The crews off to the side of the bunker entrance are the hardest to get because there are the most Germans there trying to shoot you, so start on the opposite side. Keep your machine gun handy and make your way to the parameter, take out anyone in your way... I started by going straight left and staying under cover, then going counter clockwise once I got to the parameter. use the machine guns to clear an area then once they're gone take your time with the sniper rifle. Unlike Silo the only thing that can kill you here is machine gun fire, mortar hits probably could too but I never got hit so I don't know. Also there's no time limit so take your time. Some mortar crews you'll have to stand up to see... if there's an area that's too heavily covered with Germans stay under cover and wait for back up. If you just barely got a checkpoint use that to your advantage as it might be worth it to just Kamikaze the snipe.

IMO that was the hardest part of the level but it still wasn't that hard. once your done sniping run all the way back to the bunker and into the doorway. you can pretty much sit around the entry way of the bunker for the first 2.5 minutes of the attack and not worry about doing much except running away from the occasional grenade and stay German. After the first 2.5 you'll need to move to the parameter as they'll bombard you with grenades if you stay near the entrance. I picked the parameter shelter straight right from the entrance. it's a little harder to hold down then the entrance to the bunker was but it's pretty much the same technique.

Then you're on to crossing the rine. beerchug.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 15 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post

I just beat it last night  biggrin.gif

Monday night I finished the sniping part of silo... and I had to do the last 2.5minutes of it THREE TIMES because after finishing it when I went to go down the ladder... I fell... TWICE  dry.gif

LMAO... actually, i beat that level by after taking objective A, dropping smokes and rushing up the latter to snipe everyone in the village, then going to take the rest of the objective with less people in them, and i fell about 3 times after a 10 minute sniping spree, then realized how to climb down... just walk backwards into it!

hope you are right about the last 2 levels, i hope to get this game squared away so i can get back to GRAW and burnout.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

yeah the firs time I just walked regular and fell straight down, the secon time I walked backwards but I guess I went to fast so I STILL fell down, the thrid time I turned around looked straight down and walked backwards as slowly as possible, no way I was going to do that AGAIN.  tongue.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

just finished it... what a task.. only took me 3 months to the day! lol

i obviously didnt play it stright through, i took some breaks... but damn.. what a game.

that was probably one of the best single player experiences ive had in a long time... lots of crappy parts to get stuck in... bad checkpoints... but all in all, worth the frustration id have to say.

good luck anyone who attempts this...

deacon187

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

yes it was a bumpy ride thats for sure, but since i went through on regular first, i jumped around a bit when i got stuck in veteran, the only thing im not likeing about these games with achievement for different difficulty settings is that if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty first they should give you the achievments for the lessor difficulties, look at PD0 you need to finish the game on all difficulties to get all achievements, if you go through on the hardest first, fine then the easier ones should be a breeze but still

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Mar 16 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post

yes it was a bumpy ride thats for sure, but since i went through on regular first, i jumped around a bit when i got stuck in veteran, the only thing im not liking about these games with achievement for different difficulty settings is that if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty first they should give you the achievements for the lessor difficulties, look at PD0 you need to finish the game on all difficulties to get all achievements, if you go through on the hardest first, fine then the easier ones should be a breeze but still

yeah that really bugs me... too

COD2 was cool though I only played through it once and that was on veteran got all the points....

I'm looking at Gun though you have to beat it on easy, normal, hard, and insane to get everything... that's just ridiculous. I rarely play though the games I LOVE 4 times never mind something I'd rent, borrow, or pickup used.

I agree that if they're going to do tiered achievements like that , earning "hard" should automatically give you easy and normal.

Deftech

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

same thing with quake 4, gotta do it on all difficulties to get some points, yeaaaaaah that'll be the day. And whats with quake 2?! I like that more than quake 4 and it gives you NO points for getting any of the 9 achievements?!  uhh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 16 2006, 11:40 AM) View Post

same thing with quake 4, gotta do it on all difficulties to get some points, yeaaaaaah that'll be the day. And whats with quake 2?! I like that more than quake 4 and it gives you NO points for getting any of the 9 achievements?!  uhh.gif

well we can't have games giving out more then 1000 now can we? maybe Quake 2 could have given out PGR3s and Condemned's leftovers  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 16 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

well we can't have games giving out more then 1000 now can we? maybe Quake 2 could have given out PGR3s and Condemned's leftovers  laugh.gif

and Recons....I think it only offers 925?

something...anything would be nice!  biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finished Cod2 On Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 16 2006, 11:50 AM) View Post

and Recons....I think it only offers 925?

something...anything would be nice!  biggrin.gif

I'll tell you what, these games that don't offer the full 1000 better have some DLC with more achievments down the road...
Pages: 1 [2]