xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Beat Cod2 On Veteran - Definitely A Challenge...  (Read 382 times)

mobilehavoc

• Archived User
Just Beat Cod2 On Veteran - Definitely A Challenge...
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

But there's nothing like finishing the last mission and scoring 400+ gamerscore points! smile.gif

Beating the last mission = 60
Beating the game on any difficulty = 150
Beating the game on Veteran = 200

Who else out there has accomplished this? I'm sure plenty of people but I don't think as many people as most of us would like to believe.

No matter how good you are - on Veteran you can only win if you work with your squad and act like a coward (hide as much as possible) - going in guns blazing will have you dead in 5 seconds

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

im pretty close actually, but had to send in my box today for repairs... i just unlocked the american campaign where its about to get good... soon enough.. and yes, specific parts are EXTREMLY difficult... but all in all, moving to the right place to get checkpoints and using smoke grenades win the levels.

edit: NEVER act like a coward!!! slide out for headshots at all times, get behind stuff and go prone, pop up for a kill and immediately get back under cover, and of course frag large groups... you get more frags pretty frequently

mobilehavoc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Feb 8 2006, 12:54 PM) View Post

im pretty close actually, but had to send in my box today for repairs... i just unlocked the american campaign where its about to get good... soon enough.. and yes, specific parts are EXTREMLY difficult... but all in all, moving to the right place to get checkpoints and using smoke grenades win the levels.

edit: NEVER act like a coward!!! slide out for headshots at all times, get behind stuff and go prone, pop up for a kill and immediately get back under cover, and of course frag large groups... you get more frags pretty frequently

I got my share of kills/headshots - all I'm saying is that there are some areas where just hiding in a corner is the easiest way to get through that part.

Almost all the parts where you have to defend until reinforcements arrive or there's a timer - just hiding somewhere and killing any Kraut that finds you will get you through it.

It's the only way I managed to get past the last D-Day mission..

BTW...unlocking the American campaign = long way to go. You have to do entire American campaign and a bunch of more British missions. You're about 60% done.

Some of the toughest missions are ahead - good luck.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(mobilehavoc @ Feb 8 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

BTW...unlocking the American campaign = long way to go. You have to do entire American campaign and a bunch of more British missions. You're about 60% done.

yeah, 4 british missions and entire american campaign which i look forward to

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

It wasnt that hard, and this should be in the gamers chat

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(wasting @ Feb 8 2006, 01:09 PM) View Post

It wasnt that hard, and this should be in the gamers chat

heh, im sure it will be seen and moved

StangMan04

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

beat it on veteran, too short. and yea it had its hard parts

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

Yup, I beat it as well.  Time to kick the next games ass.

FattyX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

im stuck on the mission that you have to stick like 3 tanks with the bombs, but i die everytime because all these enemy's come out of nowhere and surround me, and everytime i try and plant the bomb, it drives off, and if i hide behind a wall, the tank shoots it and i die......... damn, i gotta a while to go...

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(FattyX @ Feb 8 2006, 11:48 PM) View Post

im stuck on the mission that you have to stick like 3 tanks with the bombs, but i die everytime because all these enemy's come out of nowhere and surround me, and everytime i try and plant the bomb, it drives off, and if i hide behind a wall, the tank shoots it and i die......... damn, i gotta a while to go...

thats sucked ass dude.. i remember playing that mission over and over and over and over x4... it set my checkpoint in a really shitty spot. creeping up on the third tank is a bitch.

just wait.. there are a few spots that are hairy like that, but to me, not as tough... good hiding spots and finding where checkpoints hit help alot.

one mission away from beating british capaign and its on to D-Day!

explosive2

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

I beat it on Veteran a while back.
It had some hard parts but not as Halo 2 Legendary.
 pop.gif

mobilehavoc

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(FattyX @ Feb 8 2006, 11:48 PM) View Post

Which mission is that? The only one I remember off the top of my head is the last one in the American campaign.

Try bunny-hopping = continously press jump so you hop around....can sometimes, not always make it harder for the tanks and enemies to hit you.

notsodiseased

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

I throughly destroyed that game on Veteran. Excellent game IMHO. I really enjoy the KOTH style gameplay.

also if your having problems sticking tanks, Dont forget about your smoke grenades. If you dont have them then redo your level and save the smokes for the tanks.

Topey327

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

I wish smoke grenades were as plentiful as frags... I would toss them all around and kill em all ninja style!