xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Impressive Cod2 Sale Numbers  (Read 223 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Impressive Cod2 Sale Numbers
« on: January 21, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

i knew it sold well but damn did it sell well for a launch title.  i think the public just chose what the killer app game for the 360 launch was.  

Call of Duty 2 Conquers Sales Charts
Imagine Call of Duty 2 as the Allies, and bad sales as the Nazis.
by Charles Onyett

January 20, 2006 - We've reported before about how Call of Duty 2 had impressive sales numbers, but who knew it sold so well that it broke into the top 20 grossing titles of 2005? Practically everyone who managed to get a hold of MS's next-gen console must have had this title on their wish list since it blew away a lot of strong competition from popular titles on both the Xbox and the far more prevalent PS2.

http://xbox360.ign.c...2/682495p1.html

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

The numbers are incredible for this game. Theres no other way to describe the game other than AMAZING! I was playing it last night(Veteran) and realized how this game really does suck you into a war. If you own a 360 but dont have this game then shame on you! love.gif

saunders73

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

Yea its really the only must have game for the 360 right now

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(saunders73 @ Jan 21 2006, 02:10 PM) View Post

i would have to disagree, there are plenty of must owns IMO.  DoA4, PGR3, Kameo, and many others.  but yes it has excelled obviously in sales.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

I would say this game, DOA4 and PGR3 are must haves.  That gives you a great range of diff game types and are the top 3 IMO  Kameo would make it for me if it didnt seem so short and i have yet to play condemned and funny thing is thats the only game i pre ordered.  Ive just been too caught up playing the others.

saunders73

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Jan 21 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

I would say this game, DOA4 and PGR3 are must haves.  That gives you a great range of diff game types and are the top 3 IMO  Kameo would make it for me if it didnt seem so short and i have yet to play condemned and funny thing is thats the only game i pre ordered.  Ive just been too caught up playing the others.

Yea, Kameo would have been a must have, except it can be completed in 8 hours

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Jan 21 2006, 01:29 PM) View Post

... If you own a 360 but dont have this game then shame on you! love.gif

QUOTE(saunders73 @ Jan 21 2006, 02:10 PM) View Post

I own 6 games... and I haven't even played COD2 outside of a kiosk  sleeping.gif

Obviously there are other games worth playing

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »

I own it but it hasn't even entered my 360 yet... there are MANY other good games to play and I'll finish those before I play the one that doesn't really interest me much....

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »

i have 4 games right now and dont have cod2. i am thinking up picking it up but i never really been into war games.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

like i said before, there are many other "must own" games on the 360.  hell i made the desicion to get the game at the last minute and refused to look twice at it before then.  condemned is also another must own game IMO as it give some of the best atmosphere of all the next gen games IMO.  to each their own, and to that have fun gaming with your own.   biggrin.gif

my main point of posting this article is that even though the 360 is so early in its life-cycle it can still hang with the other consoles in the game sales area.  i dont expect every game to sell like CoD2, but all it takes is a game good enough to grab the publics eye and your already half way there.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jan 22 2006, 08:16 AM) View Post

I own it but it hasn't even entered my 360 yet... there are MANY other good games to play and I'll finish those before I play the one that doesn't really interest me much....

You kill me with your comments, your a game developer and you dismiss COD2, im ashamed of you and im not even in the business! sleeping.gifP.S. Its even published by your company, but i know Gun and THAW are realy good 360 games(sarcastic sigh), last gen! i guess we should give credit where credit is due, thankx INFINITY WARD!

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 01:38:00 AM »

COD2 is a great game but PGR3 and geometry wars have me by the balls. And the first time i played COD2 i rushed through it on normal or easy and it was a blast but trying it on veteran is a whole different game and its hard to get used too.

EDIT: damn son your about to break 10000 on your Gscore

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Jan 22 2006, 12:10 AM) View Post

You kill me with your comments, your a game developer and you dismiss COD2, im ashamed of you and im not even in the business! sleeping.gifP.S. Its even published by your company, but i know Gun and THAW are realy good 360 games(sarcastic sigh), last gen! i guess we should give credit where credit is due, thankx INFINITY WARD!

LMAO - what you don't realise is that Infinity Ward are about 15miles away from me right now, I have seen the game many times over the last year and played it for hours while they were in Beta... just because this copy hasn't entered my drive does not mean that I dismiss it, or dismiss Infinity Ward it only means that I've seen it, played it and want to play other things first.

BTW - fielding random vitriol regarding the games I'm involved in shows a very childish side; show me ONE other developer that put 2 360 games out for xmas AND put them out on most other platforms at the same time....

I'll give you a clue; there isn't another.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jan 22 2006, 10:13 AM) View Post

LMAO - what you don't realise is that Infinity Ward are about 15miles away from me right now, I have seen the game many times over the last year and played it for hours while they were in Beta... just because this copy hasn't entered my drive does not mean that I dismiss it, or dismiss Infinity Ward it only means that I've seen it, played it and want to play other things first.

BTW - fielding random vitriol regarding the games I'm involved in shows a very childish side; show me ONE other developer that put 2 360 games out for xmas AND put them out on most other platforms at the same time....
I'll give you a clue; there isn't another.

Not childish, but slightly intoxicated at that time so i may have been a little harsh! Just do me a favor and at least put it in your DVD drive! You dont have to play it but just let it penetrate your 360!  laugh.gif Also i wasnt fielding random vitriol (TRASH TALKING?), i relly liked GUN, im glad i got it off Ebay for $40 but other than graphical shortcommings i liked it. Sorry to original poster for getting so far off topic!

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »

depends on the game, as i dont know about EB at blockbuster i got 28.50 for kameo and 35 for RR6 but its cool cuz i only paid 25 for each
Pages: [1] 2