xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scoped Rifles In Cod2..  (Read 295 times)

Fredro

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

is the sniper conidered a cheesy or cheap weapon?

im wondering what the thought on this is amongst people who are really into the game. ive been enjoying it on 360, and i play on a PC LAN a lot at my tech school.

we would get the games going at school, with about 12 or so people in it. and most of them would sit around with snipers inside buildings for the whole game.

after a while it got real annoying and boring with all the sniping. so a few of us said we need to limit the snipers to 1 or 2 per team (to make things a little more interesting).  so of course a couple kids start getting mad "blah blah now i cant get 1 million kills a game, by shooting people from the other side of the level"

i always thought they should make it more like Halo, where you have to snipe in the head for a 1 shot kill, or twice for anywhere else.  

im aware maybe the timeframe (WWII vs the future) may have something to do with this. but i dunno, just wondering what the opinion is on this........

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

I'd have to agree, some, that the sniper rifle is a little unbalanced.

But, i love sniping. tongue.gif   And sniping is the only way i can get kills up close, because my connection suck so bad (laggerific!) i need that powerful one shot kill.

Killa420

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:56:00 PM »

How else you suppose to shoot people from long distances. Most of the maps are big and automatics / shotguns are pointless. Not every shot from a sniper rifle kills, espeically the weaker ones like the britishs gun. Learn how to use one and learn how to move around more or your just gonna keep dieing. I use it about 90% of the time b/c the maps are like that.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

i like them.. but hate CAMPERS

hamesy

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

I love using snipers. Normally I find a nice position, take a shot or two at someone then find another position. Thats how snipers work and that how I like working.

Sniper V sniper is fun aswell. Knowing where a sniper is but you cant kill him because you haven't got a good enough shot makes things more interesting.

smartygre1

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

Campers suck.  If there is a point to the game, like capture the flag, they really don't advance the team, just themseleves.  I like to sneak up on them and execute 'em.

adfinder23

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(smartygre1 @ Jan 18 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post

Campers suck.  If there is a point to the game, like capture the flag, they really don't advance the team, just themseleves.  I like to sneak up on them and execute 'em.

That's exactly why I don't camp. I'll grab a position somwhere for a couple minutes and hope someone strolls along and then I'll get Judo Chopped by someone walking up behind me. Even if no one would walk up behind me I still wouldn't camp because you really don't see enough people.

KMFDM

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

Snipers are just cheap, i can understand 1 or 2 in a game but when everyone snipes its not even fun anymore. You dont need a scoped rifle to kill someone long range, if "you" are anygood you would always use the garand or kar98k which are both powerful in taking someone down from a far away distance. Also on another note, is it me or why does so many people suck at cod2 on live. Every single game i come in first and its just sad crushing everyone. sleeping.gif

tommiwan

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

Any time you get competitive with a game, you cannot sit back and use/not use certain weapons because you think they are cheap... are you out to win?  Then use EVERYTHING they put in the game to win.  that includes all weapons.

It's like people complaining about the noob combo in halo...  I play halo a bit more competitively and I'm out to win.  That means I'm gonna use everything in the game, and guess what, it's not cheap or cheating.  Weapon control is key in halo 2, but each weapon has good parts, but there is a counter to each weapon as well.

Anyway, to get back on point, I have never felt bored in an online game of COD2 and it seems like everyone snipes, but I move around.  I don't think it's a problem.

Thyatis

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

I love playing against snipers.  A shotgun with a smoke grenade they are mine.  Snipers aren't the be all and end all.   I love the shotgun the most 90% of my time i have a shotgun, sure some maps i use a sniper rifle occasionally but most of the time it is the shotgun, nothing excites me more than watching for the sniper shot adn looking at where it was shot, then walking up behind them, bang in the head.

Tatics i use, is to get primary shotgun, then pick up a sniper for my pistol, just in case i walk up to a window and see someone.

But I am always moving.  I hate it when you play headquarters or ctf and people have no idea wtf to do, it annoys me to no end!!!!!!

added:

I love it when people choose the sniper rifle at the beginning and i just hammer on them and then all of sudden tehy change there game.  BTW some maps you need to use a long range / sniper weapon, which is what it is designed for.

rusty stucco

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

I will agree with you there.  MP44 is the best weapon in the game.  It homes right onto their heads and you will get a headshot every single time.  Just practice and you will see much improvment.  Also for british the Bren is good if you can no scope. I love sniper, but not for the noobs.  Only the ones that actually run around and no scope or scope on the fly.  I cant wait for the PATCH!!!

lcapitan

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

M1 Garand Baby!!!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(tommiwan @ Jan 18 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

It's like people complaining about the noob combo in halo...  I play halo a bit more competitively and I'm out to win.  That means I'm gonna use everything in the game, and guess what, it's not cheap or cheating.  Weapon control is key in halo 2, but each weapon has good parts, but there is a counter to each weapon as well.

I can handle people whoring the rocket launcher, but I don't care how you rationalize it, the plasma pistol + Battle rifle combo is the biggest noob, cheap ass, pathetic combo ever.  No skills are involved, and anyone can "perfect it" (if that even applies) if they have a good connection.  Those with not so good connections cannot even use the plasma pistol, because all the homing capabilities are lost.  So "get a better broadband connection,” one might say.  Well, i wish it were that easy.  Depending on where you live, that is not always possible.

Plus, in slayer type games, i never use the Rockets or PP+BR combo.  Why?  Because i get no satisfaction in kills this way, in where no skills are involved.  The same applies with duel wielding smgs, in where you just hold down the triggers.  Whoopty freakin do, that was fun!  People, who get their kicks off from kills with no skills, are those who get their jollies from beating their little sister in halo 50 to 1.  Or, when they are up on someone 30 kills, they still whore the rockets, sword, and PP+BR combo.  Pathetic.

I guess the only place you can play halo with mature people is in custom games, or via sys-link.  dry.gif

Sorry for the out burst; i'm done ranting. tongue.gif

lcapitan

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jan 18 2006, 11:09 PM) View Post

I can handle people whoring the rocket launcher, but I don't care how you rationalize it, the plasma pistol + Battle rifle combo is the biggest noob, cheap ass, pathetic combo ever.  No skills are involved, and anyone can "perfect it" (if that even applies) if they have a good connection.  Those with not so good connections cannot even use the plasma pistol, because all the homing capabilities are lost.  So "get a better broadband connection,” one might say.  Well, i wish it were that easy.  Depending on where you live, that is not always possible.

Plus, in slayer type games, i never use the Rockets or PP+BR combo.  Why?  Because i get no satisfaction in kills this way, in where no skills are involved.  The same applies with duel wielding smgs, in where you just hold down the triggers.  Whoopty freakin do, that was fun!  People, who get their kicks off from kills with no skills, are those who get their jollies from beating their little sister in halo 50 to 1.  Or, when they are up on someone 30 kills, they still whore the rockets, sword, and PP+BR combo.  Pathetic.

I guess the only place you can play halo with mature people is in custom games, or via sys-link.  dry.gif

Sorry for the out burst; i'm done ranting. tongue.gif

Exactly why I left Halo2, plus all the immature little kids that like to play (I actually don't mind ALL the little kids, for example my girlfriend's best friend's little brothers are fun to play with (I'm 16, they're like 10 and better than me!))

Halo2 doesn't really need much skill in the first place, COD2 for example does (use cover, sneak around ect.)

Bottom line......................DON'T PLAY HALO2.

pingrr

• Archived User
Scoped Rifles In Cod2..
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

I think comparing Halo 2 and COD2 is a unfair comparison.  Halo seems to be more of a run and gun shooter where COD you need to do more sneeking around because you seem to get killed much faster.  The two games just have completely different syles of play.  Apples to oranges.

I will probably start to play COD online more once the patch comes out to help with the lag.
Pages: [1] 2