xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cod2 Help!  (Read 152 times)

dsenart

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

I am playing the game on veteran,  and its the last of the desert missions ( the 3rd british mission ) I am not sure the name of it off the top of my head, but in the mission you are going back into this city to retake it.  When you start you are in a jeep and you get ambushed, then you have to wait for a gate to be opened to progress.   That took me all of 100 times to get through, then another 100 tries to pass the next part, eventually you come to this square that has a anti aircraft gun in the middle.  You have to kill "jerries" on the roofs of the square, and then you have to run out to the gun and shoot down an airplane coming.  

Well I got a checkpoint just as the get to the aircraft gun message came up.  If I run straight to the gun the "jerries" on the roof take me out VERY FAST ( i usually cant make it to the gun ) and if I take the time to kill the people on the roof, a plane bombs the place and ends the mission.  I have tried this well over 200 times and I cannot pass this point.  Can anyone help me please!!

Killa420

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

I was in almost the same exact postion as you. When my checkpoint arrived, I was far away from that big gun so I had to run over there as soon as I spawned and just head straight for the gun and right when I made it to the gun, I had less than a sec to shoot the first plane or I was dead. It took me a good 15 min to finally get it. Shoot the plane then as quick as you can shoot the dudes on the roofs, then the other planes. I almost gave up at one point but didnt want to have to start all that crap over. Its just really hard and theres nothing you can do but just keep trying, over and over and over.

Lerxst

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

You don't have to keep doing it over and over. There is an order that you need to follow to get to the AA gun so that you don't end up with "Jerries" on the roof tops. If you are at a check point that only leaves you a second to respond, it will be very difficult to win.

I would suggest that you start the mission over and when you get to the enterance of where the AA gun is, do not move towards the gun. Stay back and begin to pick off the "Jerries" on the roof top. Start with the ones that are keeping you from standing at the entrance.

Once they are gone, move slowly to the left (clockwise) and draw the enemy out that is directly in front of the AA gun and finish them. Repeat this strategy in a clockwise fashion. At some point the rest of your squad will join in and finish the remainder, but then there is a time limit befor you must get behind the AA gun and start shooting down planes. Your queue is obvious - when thay say "shoot down those planes" or something to that effect.

Good luck - I remember this being particularly hard.

~Lerxst

dsenart

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

Thanks for the help!!!  I went back and redid the mission ( with lots of cussing and high blood pressure from all the dieing for no reason!! ) and now I am on the American missions.

Lerxst

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(dsenart @ Jan 7 2006, 08:31 AM) View Post

Thanks for the help!!!  I went back and redid the mission ( with lots of cussing and high blood pressure from all the dieing for no reason!! ) and now I am on the American missions.

Glad to be of help, and yes, I also remember the cussing. You think that mission's hard, wait until you get to the "Silo"  laugh.gif

That mission causes loss of hair  ph34r.gif

~Lerxst

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

im stuck in this exact area to......i damn near threw my controller through my tv this morning

dsenart

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

I think I am on the Silo mission now.  Is it the mission where you have to take buildings in the city one by one?  I played it i think for 2 hours last night and was only able to take 1 building.  Needless to say it is paused right now because I don't want to go through that crap again!!

Lerxst

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

Yes that's the mission. It only get's worse, and then you have to get on top of the silo with a sniper rifle.

That's where the hair loss begins  ph34r.gif

~Lerxst

dsenart

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Right now I am carrying a M40 i think it is ( i picked it off a dead kraut's body ) and the sniper rifle.  After I take all of the buildings what do you recommend?   Is there any better order of the buildings to take? So far I have only taken building A, the one across the road from where you start.  I have tried taking the Barn ( B ) several times but I usually end up getting shot in the back from the building behind me.. I sit there and clear that building for 10 minutes i think they just respawn.

Lerxst

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

After you take the first building go back and start taking buildings counter clockwise. If I remember correctly, the next building would be the barn with the silo. Just keep taking them in a counter clockwise order.

After you finish the last building you'll be ordered to climb the silo and defend it. If you don't have a sniper rifle at that time, there will be a German one at the top of the silo. Then the fun begins...

Good luck!

Oh and another thing... To get the barn, I think I went around the very back of the building between the bushes that is next to the barn.

nord0296

• Archived User
Cod2 Help!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lerxst @ Jan 8 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

After you finish the last building you'll be ordered to climb the silo and defend it. If you don't have a sniper rifle at that time, there will be a German one at the top of the silo. Then the fun begins...

Good luck!

Any special tricks to getting through the sniping of mortar teams?  I have 2:30 to support arrival and can't seem to get all teams before blowing up.  Is it related to the order in which I should go after them?!

How fun and frustrating this game can be!! smile.gif

Thanks,
nord0296