xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty 2  (Read 126 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« on: December 17, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

Try saving and quitting after each mission.

Edit: Didn't completely read your post. I thought you were asking on assistance on how to fix this problem, assuming you were playing the game right now.

Deftech

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

Its only some people. 3 local people I know who have gone thru it had no problems. Isnt it a weapon that causes this 2 happen?

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

Here's kinda a work around... http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3109099

prankfurter

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »

i beat the game and had no problem...

deacon187

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

ive played through about 7 missions so far and have had no problems yet

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

No it's not that... mine always signs in and I had this problem happened to me the first time I played through... I was lucky the next time and got all the way through

CattyKid

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Dec 18 2005, 03:11 PM) View Post

No it's not that... mine always signs in and I had this problem happened to me the first time I played through... I was lucky the next time and got all the way through

This happens with my profile, my brothers (dirty bastard didn't pay a cent for for the 360, so I don't care if it happens to him). and also to another profile I have.  We ALWAYS sign in, and trying fixes doesn't seem to work.  I've played through the Russian and most of the British campaign 3 times and still haven't goteen to be an American yet.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Dec 18 2005, 05:44 PM) View Post

This happens with my profile, my brothers (dirty bastard didn't pay a cent for for the 360, so I don't care if it happens to him). and also to another profile I have.  We ALWAYS sign in, and trying fixes doesn't seem to work.  I've played through the Russian and most of the British campaign 3 times and still haven't goteen to be an American yet.

funny thing is when you get to the american missions you play the D-day mission as an american then you play as a british soldier again...

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Thursday @ Dec 18 2005, 04:19 AM) View Post

Same here.
I wonder if it's just people not signing into their Gamer Profile before playing and saving? Who knows. Even though it does it automatically, I believe that there is an option so that you don't sign in automatically. Maybe they chose that and it wont save for them.

u know, that same thing happened to me on PGR3.  i never signed in, and played for a lil while, and saved a couple of replays.....and they never showed up?

anywayz, i just beat cod2 on sat, have not experienced the game save issue.  i really don't even know what it is, luckily *knocks on wood*

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Call Of Duty 2
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Dec 18 2005, 10:10 PM) View Post

funny thing is when you get to the american missions you play the D-day mission as an american then you play as a british soldier again...

That's waht I noticed last night!  n the summary leading up to the mission it does not describe that you are in an the british batallion does anyone have any input on this?

In regards to saving I myself have been reading all the problems with saving so I've been very careful on how I save.

First - I insert the game into the 360 before turning it on.

Second - I make sure that my Gamertag gets connected online

Third - I make sure that I go into "resume mission". Sometimes this option does not appear it only shows "single player" and "multiple players" so I wait till the "resume mission" icon shows up.

Fourth - When saving I make sure that after completing a mission I just hit "continue" and once exit during the mission by using the "save and exit" option.

Fifth - The other that I'm avoiding is not letting no one else (e.g. younger brother ) play the game as another profile or anything like that to ensure that  it does not overide my previous save game.

So far I'm in the American Capings and have had no issues, the only issue is that upon the main screen it does not have the "resume mission" icon so I just wait for it and it pops up after a few secs.