xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cod2 Any Updates? On The Usa Not Being Unlocked  (Read 177 times)

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Cod2 Any Updates? On The Usa Not Being Unlocked
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

Just wondering if anyone had any updates or response from Activision?
I just finished the Brisitsh campaign and was thrown back to the Russian one. And when going to select my mission USA is stil locked. I have now beat the last British mission 8x (and 12 beers) later, I'm still not able to proceed to USA campaign, also I am pissed and piss drunk

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Dec 10 2005, 09:53 PM) View Post

Just wondering if anyone had any updates or response from Activision?
I just finished the Brisitsh campaign and was thrown back to the Russian one. And when going to select my mission USA is stil locked. I have now beat the last British mission 8x (and 12 beers) later, I'm still not able to proceed to USA campaign, also I am pissed and piss drunk

Yeah.  To put it nicely, their saving sytem just
DOESN'T WORK.  It'ssad, really.  I'mm actually getting sick of some of the missions that I have to play time and time again because saving does not work.  I have gaps in all the campaigns I've played, and have yet to get the the American campaign because of this.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:32:00 AM »

not to mute what any of these guys said, im sure its happening, and im sure it sucks ass. but i have had no problems at all completing the game. my 360 hasnt even farted once yet.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

Yes, there appear to be issues.  Bad ones.

However, no, they are not absolute.

I've cleared the game and have no trouble saving (working through the game again on Veteran mode: see my Achivements! smile.gif).

Just to clear up the one question.. Sorry I cannot address the OP's USA campaign issue.

nfs911

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »

Yea. COD2 is really messed up. Single Player is screwed up as well as Multi Player. I have a petition for them to release a patch but I'm not allowed to post it here.

journeyman11

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

It's definitely possible to complete the game, on any difficulty(check my achievements, veteran complete).  I think the saving issues come up when you load a different mission than the one you previously saved and quit from or if you "save and quit" and then load from "Mission Select" instead of "Resume Game".

Are you those of you that are having problems using "Resume Game" when you load or are you using the mission select screen?  

I agree with another poster when they said something about Activision not handling the save/load feature with the way the 360 auto loads profiles.

krustytheclown

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

Weird I havent had a problem yet.

My 360 and all my games works perfectly.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

Whats the cheat? I'll take it, since its better than playing the same missions over and over

aic007

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

no problems here, went straight through on veteran and all board are unlocked to play.

deadpool66

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

Just beat the game today no problems, Now Im going to beat it on veteran wish the weekend wasnt over already.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »

I had the problem and had to start over... so I played it over... and alot of times instead of continuing mission I would save and quit... then resume... I was able to finally beat the game last week and now have played through 1 of the levels on veteran.  Not sure what caused it and not sure if there is a fix we can do to avoid this... maybe they will release a patch to fix this (and if we are lucky include a lobby for live play  unsure.gif )

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

i have noticed problems with both condemned and CoD2 in the saving.  i have tested these problems a couple of times on both games, and even though it may not be across all disks, they were consistent with mine.  both games saved fine until i started a new game to show friends the beginning.  i just turned off the game, trying to avoid quitting and saving and with CoD2 it just started me over from the beginning while with condemned when i tried to load the most recent save, it just froze everytime it tried to load.  as long as i kept using the continue game option when loading my games, they worked fine.  as for CoD2 not allowing me to play the USA levels, i never had a problem.  i didnt know they were the last of the 3 campains so at first i thought something was wrong but once i got on that beach i knew all was well.  damn shame to those having problems because this is one of the best single player FPS i have every played.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

ok I'm not sure if I should do this or not.. nor do I even know if it works... but this is for people who keep having problems with the save issue and have to start all over... this code is supposed to unlock all missions... maybe this way it will let you continue on...
CODE
On the mission select screen, hold both the left and right bumpers then quickly input on the d-pad left, left, right, right, then Y, Y

Now I just read this and I'm not sure if it works or not so someone give it a try and post back... I'm not trying to help people cheat here but I know how frustrating the save error is as I experienced it and was lucky enough to get by it the next time I played through...

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

CHEAT WORKS

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

Glad to see the cheat unlocks the rest... I just hope it allows you the achievements... the cheats for quake 4 won't...
Pages: [1] 2