xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty On Xbl  (Read 134 times)

woofis

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« on: December 03, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

alright. im getting realllly pissed off here. the game is sick. the gameplay is sick. everything is sick cept for the dumb ass stuff on xbox live.

it only supports 8 ppl and when u have an 8 player game it lags like hell.
you cant play ranked game with your friends.
the rank doesnt even show
it doesnt force even teams so it could be 7 on 1
thats just a start. this game would be killer if only they didnt leave out all those things.
does any1 know if they can come out with a patch to fix all this? and any1 know why it lags like hell with only 8 players. and dont say its my connection cuz i host 16 on halo2.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

The Xbox360 forum on xbox.com seems to be dedicated to talking about this kind of stuff. Right now, it's just something to deal with. As I said in the Halo 2 on XBL thread, I would imagine a patch or fix is in the works.

Deftech

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

All of those points have been discussed previously.

they can add and fix via Live but dont expect it soon, and thats IF they even deem it necessary.

The only thing that irritates me is the 8 people deathmatches. A game like that needs 24 or more 4 sure  sad.gif

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

Ya I hope there will be a patch. There pregame lobbys suck.

woofis

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

how do you expect 24 ppl when it lags with 8? i really hope they come out with a patch because this game is so good nd i see its potential but the dam thing lags. every time 8 ppl join up in the pregame i just leave and wait for a 3v3 so idont lag. sad.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(woofis @ Dec 4 2005, 12:51 AM) View Post

how do you expect 24 ppl when it lags with 8?

That's what patches are for. I'm sure if they make a patch, adding to the bandwidth limit will be the first thing to fix. (I hope that makes sense)

woofis

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »

ur right about the xbox.com forums being flooded with this same topic. i believe with all these people complaining they are forced to make a patch. hopefully its soon

Deftech

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(woofis @ Dec 3 2005, 06:51 PM) View Post

how do you expect 24 ppl when it lags with 8? i really hope they come out with a patch because this game is so good nd i see its potential but the dam thing lags. every time 8 ppl join up in the pregame i just leave and wait for a 3v3 so idont lag. sad.gif

Im not the one who does the netcoding. Theres great variations between games and their netcode. Look at Recons...I could run 4 smooth, a 5th person kills it.

R6 3.... I could run 8 smoothly, sometimes 10. Anything after that, its sad.

I could run Unreal Champ servers with 16 usually and no problems(12 was smoother obviously). Its different for every damn game and if anything needs to be worked on in the next 5 years, its netcode for online games.

My Upload was 384 back then, and after a while it got upgraded to 512. I havent tried since its been upped to 1.5, Im sure it'll help things along.

Deftech

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(MadEx @ Dec 3 2005, 07:24 PM) View Post

What is the deal? Poor programming, that's the bottom line.

lazy, poor, rushed....

pick one.

Moleman

• Recovered User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

This is why I got PDZ, and I'm just going to rent COD2 unless I really like it.

woofis

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

i had pdz, hated it. braught it back to the store they gave me a full refund biggrin.gif  and i got cod2. i love the game. just those stupid things they left out make online multiplayer a.. well not so good experience.

sensi lbdas

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

3v3 is really sweet. But anymore just lags out everything. Its funny that even the lagging is smooth though. Choppy, yet smooth... tongue.gif

wasting

• Archived User
Call Of Duty On Xbl
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »

i like how i have to be in a chat with my friend and say ok im in a game and has to right click my name and join game. its pathetic. seriously i wish MS would just make a rule that all online games have to follow how halo 2 is setup.