xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Many Players, Call Of Duty 2  (Read 135 times)

woofis

• Archived User
How Many Players, Call Of Duty 2
« on: December 01, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

4 on split screen. 16 on system link and 8 on xbox live wink.gif ... dont ask why they did only 8on live but i hope they somehow make a patch if thats even possible... they messed up live real bad. its still a great game though...
if any1 is wondering how they messed up live in my oppinion
1.hard to join friends games
2.cant pick your map
3.no clans
4.only 8 players
5.has ranked games but doesnt show your rank?
dont get me wrong this game is great and i love it but i think they should try fixing those minor probloms.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

Ya there pre game lobbys suck.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

i still cant believe i cant have people on my 360 playing on LIVE, pissed me off!

XboxIguana

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

I always thought how PS2 games could only hold 16 people copared to Xbox games holding 32 people was bad. Eight! people per game online is just retarted and is the only factor that is making me not want to buy this game.

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

The ridiculous part about system link is that, while it does support 16 players, there can only be 1 per box!!  The game supports 4 player split screen, so why on earth doesn't it support split screen in system link?  Do they honestly expect people to hook up 16 360's on 16 different TVs to play COD2?  

Flagg

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Dec 2 2005, 11:27 PM) View Post

The ridiculous part about system link is that, while it does support 16 players, there can only be 1 per box!!  The game supports 4 player split screen, so why on earth doesn't it support split screen in system link?  Do they honestly expect people to hook up 16 360's on 16 different TVs to play COD2?  

Flagg

Sure, why not. We've done it in the past with xbox games  pop.gif Im glad they are supporting it that way. I'd rather have 16 systems with one person, than 4 systems with 4 people each(Halo style). That always pissed me off, but Im a Lan party whore so don't mind me.

Why they couldnt offer both is rather odd though, I'll admit. It should have atleast offered 2 player split screen for those of you who play splitscreen.

ahh the joy of weekend Xbox Lan parties  smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

I havent liked split screen for years. If I paid all that $$ for my viweing area, Im not about to share with some. I havent played a game split screen since Halo, and even that was only once or twice. Thats partly why Halo 2 disgusted me, they made coop split screen again and not Lan or Live  grr.gif

Ive had 3 different size screens in the last 4 years. a 50", 53", and even with a 77" screen, I cant stand split screen. All my friends and relatives have known this for years so if they wanna play, they bring their tv and system. It was easy to migrate in that direction because b4 xbox, we had PC Lan parties every weekend. Its almost easier to pack a 25" tv and an xbox into a car than it is a 19" monitor and a pc case.

But in your case, you have it setup to take advantage of said mode, I'd be pissed too.

I'll say this..

If Bungie doesnt offer Lan/Live coop for Halo 3, they will be on my shit list, sitting next to EA/Sony  grr.gif

woofis

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

is it possible for them to come out with a patch over xbl to fix all this/ do you think itll happen? i mean the game is great but with them leaving out these little parts makes it retarted. i wish i can just make a party, invite my friends and we go into ranked games together.  sad.gif