xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Official Perfect Dark Zero Kicks Ass Thread  (Read 388 times)

sn4k13s

• Archived User
Official Perfect Dark Zero Kicks Ass Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

stay away from my family!

xprezz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(bobbyblaze @ Dec 5 2005, 05:15 AM) View Post

Where's the Fucking Blood!!!!!???

Is anyone else out there as pissed off as I am that this fucking game is not even as violent as the cute & cuddly N64's original version? Man, that was an absolutely bad-ass, hyper-realistic (for the time) killing simulator. Awesome blood sprays etc. which were something we'd never seen before. I'd waited so long for this game to come out and had spent too many hours both on the N64 as well as emulated via PJ64 in the following years and I'm just so pissed that the final result looks like a shiner version of Far Cry. I used to play my own custom "John Woo" version of this game in slow-mo with twin weapons and all oriental bots in long mac's . The imagery this used to throw up was horrifically violent and just so cool.

No blood spray = no sale, I'm afraid. yes, I feel this strongly about it.

When MS purchased Rare I thought, "cool, now they're no longer gonna be censored by child friendly nintendo, imagine what an uber-violent PD0 will be like!!". When Conker turned up no longer "live and uncut" but more censored than the N64 original I was like "uh-oh" and now we get a watered down PD0. fucking gutted!!!! Go back and play the n64 version and see how satisfying it is to spray some fucker's brains all over the wall and then shower his corpse with bullets cmopared to this lame turkey.

Kudos has to go to the Vivendi and Tigon development studios for carrying the torch in the bad ass "Riddick - Butcher Bay". That was how I was hoping the PD blood was gonna be spilt not in the dodgy "blood flash" of Far Cry. This is next gen people, i wanna see bullets rips through clothes and arteries spray and instead MS are playing super safe. Bastards!!

What are you talking about? I get crazy blood sprays when I headshot people... It can be turned on and off in options maybe yours is off?

Other than that is is a great game, I dont know why people bash it. Its easy to get into, fun, pretty. There is something simple and refreshing about it.

Screentear, phew I thought is was my TV, but I guess its down to the game. Only get it on the snow stage so far.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

Finally got PD0, played it for 4 hours over the weekend.

Great game, really next gen.

It's not what halo was to xbox but still a great game.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

i wasn't going to post anything at first cuz i wasn't that much into this game, but it is growing on me.  i am finally getting used to the sluggish controls....guess its sposed to be that way.  i have the sensitivity up quite a bit (90%), but its not that, its just the timing of it all seemed off at first.  

the single player is ok, different than i'm used to for sure, but i am getting better at mp, and loving it!  was in a game last night with 25 ppl, a little laggy, but 25 ppl!  of course its utter chaos without teams, lmao.  

and the weapons are pretty dam cool too.  guided rockets, sniping pistols, and a big ass m16 that seems to never run outta bullets!  seems like a balanced mix.  anywayz, definitely a kick ass game

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

I've really given the MP a work over (not so much on the single player mode though...) and I gotta say, I love this game.  The weapon selection and variety, the maps, the player count, etc.

The only things that bother me is the supergay UT announcer ripoff and the godawful ragdoll physics.  But, that's only minor.  The rest is fun.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Dec 5 2005, 09:30 PM) View Post

I've really given the MP a work over (not so much on the single player mode though...) and I gotta say, I love this game.  The weapon selection and variety, the maps, the player count, etc.

The only things that bother me is the supergay UT announcer ripoff and the godawful ragdoll physics.  But, that's only minor.  The rest is fun.

You been my friend on live for ages wurm but we are never online at the same time. Sometimes I hate time zone differences.
Pages: 1 2 [3]