xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Official Perfect Dark Zero Kicks Ass Thread  (Read 404 times)

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
Official Perfect Dark Zero Kicks Ass Thread
« on: November 26, 2005, 03:35:00 AM »

I will agree that PD0 is an insanely beautiful FPS.  It is fun.  Maybe the gameplay isn't groundbreaking but man it is fun.  Half Life 2 at full power is beautiful but this puts it to shame.  I can only hope that Raven Software gets off their ass and makes Soldier of Fortune 3 for this monster.  SoF 3 on the 360 will make people puke in the living room while playing because of the realism of the gore.  I for one would be willing to shell out $60 for that chance.  Until then I will continue to die in PD0 because of constantly getting distracted by the beautiful visuals.

JMan8108

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

Amazing is a strong understatement for this game. Move over Halo.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

I have COD2 and that game is awesome too, I saw soo many posts about PDZ being crap. but gamespot.com gave it the best rating 9.0 and they are hard to please... so yesterday I picked it up and man this game does ROCK. Best graphics I have seen (only have COD2, NBA/Kameo demo to compare) Campaign mode is good, COD2 campaign I think is better, but Multi-Player, PDZ is th ebest EVER and I think people will be playing this even on Halo3 launch day

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

HOW many people can you have in the hover crafts?

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

I have both games... (PD0 and COD2) and guess what I love them both for different reasons... Although I'll have to disagree about the soundtrack on PD0... not a big fan... I usually just play my own stuff (GOD I love the 360)

But I will agree the game is great  beerchug.gif

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »

I think the game is fun.  Most of the people I have seen hate the game for "not having groundbreaking gameplay"  What the fuck does that mean?  It's a FPS shooter.  What more can you do with that style of game?

Anyways live is extreamly fun with this game.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

I strongly disagree that this game, or any fps for Xbox 360, will withstand it's strong online community once Halo 3 is released. I'm not bashing, I'm just not daydreaming. Before Halo 2 came out, many people were convinced that what they had at the moment for Xbox Live was what would stay as the best thing for online console gaming and the reason why people play online against real people. They were proved wrong, with Halo 2 increasing Xbox Live subscriptions dramatically.

When Socom 2 came out for ps2, it was all everyone with an online connection would play for many reasons (some obvious to those who have experienced Xbox Live). Once the experienced dimmed down around a year ago, many started to play Timesplitters: FP, saying that it was the new socom of online gaming. Once Socom 3 came out, everyone forgot what they said about Timespitters and returned to their days of socom.
I'm not saying PD0 is like timesplitters in that respect, but I'm just giving you an example of how gamers are with what's the 'hot thing' at the moment.
PD0 will still be a great online game with a great community when Halo3 is out, but don't think that Halo 3 won't be the new Halo 2 in terms of being the 'hot thing' over Xbox Live, or for Xbox 360 in general.

Like I said, I'm just being realistic.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(TSOPrano @ Nov 27 2005, 05:00 AM) View Post

Just picked up Halo and Halo 2, the 360 has made me go legit  pop.gif

I'm picking up Halo 2 once I get my 360 too, but not enough cash to get the triple pack.

pop.gif

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

PD0 KICKS ASS! WOOOO!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

In my last few post i've been asking for redemption for talking ill of PDZ, and the 360 in general.

Anyway, just wanted to add that while i hated pdz mp upon my first couple of hours playing it (was ready to get rid of the game), i gave it another shot, and let me just say that it was the best time i had playing a fps since the good old halo 1 lan party days.

I must say that the aiming is much more difficult then halo 2, and even more then halo 1.  The game actually takes skills to aim correctly, and headshots are hard as hell; none of this ridiculous halo 2 easier then shit sniping.

Also, after playing around with the 360 some more, i'm extremely happy with my purchase; it really is a well thought out, put together piece of hardware. beerchug.gif

teknow

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(TSOPrano @ Nov 26 2005, 05:27 AM) View Post

What are your thoughts?

I know the thread will be mostly populated by COD2 pussies, but the greatness of this game must be heard!

Well... I usually try to ignore these threads but calling fans of another title, and I'll go as far to say genre, a pussy is really just asking for the other side's opinion.  Just don't consider it thread crapping; you really called it down.

Here's the deal at least from my perspective.  I had fallen for the hype of PDZ and bought the title with my console going against gut instincts which were to purchase something that would be sure to be liked; COD2 and Q4 for instance would have no problem.  

When I had heard of the 'firece' multi-player experience in PDZ I followed the ignorant assumption that the single player would be of the same caliber.  It turns out I didn't care for either.  You can call me or any other here on the board a pussy for not liking PDZ but understand that when you try to implement comic zanyness, the inability to jump, and slugish movement into what is intended to be FPS you are going to have some unhappy customers.  Graphics only take a game so far.. and then there is that little nuisance of creating intriguing game play.  

Long storry... long, I returned PDZ for COD2 in a method most lacking of ethics... but I'm now playing something I actually don't feel obligated to as a result of purchase; I enjoy it, and that is the point really isn't it

So enjoy PDZ and I'll enjoy COD2 and Kameo... and we can eliminate the need for threads that start like yours did.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

HOW many people can you have in the hover crafts?

XIXBOXIX360

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

I can't believe most of these people out there are saying Perfect Dark Zero is a bad game. I mean come on it has all of the great features that make next-generation gaming, such as graphics, sound, the controls, gameplay, the whole feel of the game really. I guess some people just hyped themselves up too much and was expecting games that are so far off into the future. Come on people think for a minute were not in the year 2500 or something this is the present we can't expect silly little things that are unnessecary and can't be possible. Also if you read people's review of Perfect Dark Zero and you think that you shouldn't buy it because people say it sucks, well then your wrong because these people have played so much Halo 2 and Half Life 2 and other games like that, that they can't accept a First Person Shooter game like this. My advice rent it first and believe me you'll fall in love with the game, just as if you liked Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 which was the best game for it. Then buy the game and have a great time with the story mode, and play Xbox Live, which in my opinion is so much fun, a lot better then Halo 2.  tongue.gif

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

I love the way everyone is ignoring Ozy tongue.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Nov 27 2005, 02:41 PM) View Post

I love the way everyone is ignoring Ozy tongue.gif

laugh.gif