xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: First Call Of Duty 2 Review  (Read 211 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
First Call Of Duty 2 Review
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »

good read and gets me even more pumped for this game.

and anyone can point to whatever little thing they can, however the review seems to point to the devs speaking the truth in the 360 version being the best looking version out there.  AA is confirmed to be in use and like the review implies, i believe that the overall visual impression will be more impressive on the 360 then any high end PC.  and this game doesnt even make the 360 break a sweat  beerchug.gif

The first thing to note is that even when the console game is running side by side with a top of the range PC version, outputting in as high-resolution as it can muster, the 360 version has the edge visually. Perhaps this will change as graphics cards evolve, but for now, the console game runs more smoothly, has far quicker load times, and looks generally better than its poor home computer cousin. This means that visually, Call of Duty 2 is absolutely jaw dropping, especially when it's played on a high definition Widescreen TV. However, even without such wallet-sapping technology in your home, the glory of the graphics is there to be seen in every second of the game, whether you're charging suicide-style into the midst of a hail of German bullets to defend Stalingrad in the Russian campaign, or desperately trying to gain a foothold in Normandy during the American missions, it's clear that Infinity Ward has polished this game to the nth degree. Proudly boasting an incredibly solid 60 frames per second, along with all the usual technical refinements that subtly contribute towards making the game as slick as possible (such as anti-aliasing and 720p output), Call of Duty 2 plays like a dream - never skipping to load in the enormous levels, never stuttering during moments of intense combat, and never faltering when all you can see is fire, bullets and blood. Put simply, the look of Call of Duty 2 is flawless.

http://www.totalgames.net/pma/22280

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »

cant wait... should throw that in the review section as the first review.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

now if there was just a mouse for the 360  biggrin.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

I have a big arse post about mouse support for whiny (mostly, no offense) pc gamers.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

carlo, i agree it would be totally unfair =) dont get me wrong.  i just feel the max potential is with a mouse, ill still be there fighting controller to controller, but sniping with a mouse on my 55 inch HD with 7.1  would be something id like to do in single player.   beerchug.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »

i have 3 xboxs and 2 ps2's that i currently use. none of them use a mouse, its just wishful thinking you tool

krazyshane

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

Come on guys...

Seriously, consoles are played with controllers.  And on top of that, it would be incredibly unfair on xbox live for some users to have a mouse and other have a controller.

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

ya thou im pro mouse everything

xbox live would be unfair
plus im starting to get the hang of the controller

but hey the dc had support for sega net
but it was dial up so it didnt matter who had a mouse
and when the broadband adapter came out no one played anymore

i guess i will just have to play cod 2 on my pc at 30-40 fps
with a MOUSE ph34r.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(krazyshane @ Nov 14 2005, 04:37 AM)
Come on guys...

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:24:00 AM »

i check this topic for the first time since i posted it and you kids are bickering about controllers and not celebrating how great this game is going to be (with AA  tongue.gif )  

while this subject is going on, the whole mouse vs controller debate is pointless, they both have their benefits.  also IGN did a controller vs. mouse match on halo using the 360 PC controller and the guy using the mouse was an avid PC FPS gamer.  to cut to the point the guy using 360 controller stomped the guy using the mouse.  so its all trivial depending on whos behind the controls IMO.

back to the topic, i cant wait to see this game in all its finished glory and be able to see and play a level other then the one on the demo  beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Nov 14 2005, 10:03 AM)
Didn't we already do that? Not much to discuss about there since we all know it'll look good.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

wink.gif     and smile when i get slaughtered, im not here to cheat any one out of a fair game  smile.gif

BIGMANSLIM

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

y r u guys wasting time arguing about this, obviously a mouse is better, but u have to draw the line somewere, otherwise whats the point of a console, we might as well all just go get high end pcs and hook them up to our tvs. we dont do that however cuz a console is meant to be different.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

or because its about 1/3 the price...