xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bioshock Leaked Days Early  (Read 1033 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Bioshock Leaked Days Early
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(akarnid @ Aug 16 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post

How many here will be purchasing this on launch day or the first week?  Or have already purchased?

Afer playing the demo I went into Gamestop and Pre-ordered the LE version as well as the LE version of Two Worlds

I usually don't pre-order stuff but the LE version is supposedly limited to several thousand copies. Which is cool because it means it's an actual limited edition as opposed to games like PDZ and Halo 2 were there were probably more LE versions floating around than regular versions. Apparently there are only going to be 5K of the faceplate made too.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 17 2007, 02:01 PM) View Post

Afer playing the demo I went into Gamestop and Pre-ordered the LE version as well as the LE version of Two Worlds

I usually don't pre-order stuff but the LE version is supposedly limited to several thousand copies. Which is cool because it means it's an actual limited edition as opposed to games like PDZ and Halo 2 were there were probably more LE versions floating around than regular versions. Apparently there are only going to be 5K of the faceplate made too.

How much are you dying to get your hands on the big daddy figurine? biggrin.gif

I won't be loaning this LE to ANYONE, i gave my Gears Of War to my mate and the tin hot fairly badly dented, i'm less than amused.

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 17 2007, 02:01 PM) View Post

Apparently there are only going to be 5K of the faceplate made too.
Yeah the faceplates limited to 5k and are numbered. But apparently they aren't going to be sold in stores? There's about 10 of them on Ebay sellin between $70 to $110 each, ouch. I want one bad. Grim should make a Bioshock 360, that would be killah.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Aug 17 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post

How much are you dying to get your hands on the big daddy figurine? biggrin.gif

I won't be loaning this LE to ANYONE, i gave my Gears Of War to my mate and the tin hot fairly badly dented, i'm less than amused.

honestly I'm not much of a figureine person, I do have a few from various games though, I have some cars from my Initial D DVD collection as well as a Figurine of Kasumi that came with DOAU and a set of Figurines that came with Prey. All of them are still in the boxes.

As for loaning LEs... When I loan ANY GAME I put it in a an empty generic DVD case... you know the black DVD cases you can get for $10 in a pack of 8... If they scratch the disc it can always be resurfaced, and if it's a bad scratch they owe me a new one anyone... most people don't give a shit about the case.

Heck GoW, Viva Pinata and Prey all have the game discs stored in separate cases so not even I touch the LE case.  laugh.gif

QUOTE(dvsone @ Aug 17 2007, 12:09 PM) View Post

Yeah the faceplates limited to 5k and are numbered. But apparently they aren't going to be sold in stores? There's about 10 of them on Ebay sellin between $70 to $110 each, ouch. I want one bad. Grim should make a Bioshock 360, that would be killah.

Gamestop where I pre ordered my game is having a raffle where everyone that pre ordered the game in the store gets their name in a hat and a chance to win the faceplate.

If you signed up early on the Cult of Rapture forums you could have got one for free just for sending them an email... reading through that site I wish I had signed up they got all kinds of free stuff like limited edition t-shirts and pens that look like Pasmids.  sad.gif

I don't actually own any faceplates and the BioShock faceplate while cool is one of those that only looks good when the console is vertical so I wont be heartbroken if I don't win it.  smile.gif

I've always wanted a PGR3 faceplate though... maybe if I win the BioShock one I can trade someone for a PGR3.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »

yeah, ill be buying the LE as well. tongue.gif ive had that reserved for a while. my friend is a manager at gamestop and ive been trying to get him to give me that faceplate! I aint selling it! I'm gonna rock that sucka!!

btw, ive had two hours sleep and im going unconscious at intermitent times. bioshock is the first game in a long while to do that to me. this. game. owns.

I can honestly say, at this point, and I feel I'm almost halfway through, its the best game I have played on 360 as of yet. The story, graphics, gunplay, rpg elements are all fantastic. The reviews are by no means overrating it. I'd give it a solid 9.

IF I HAD TO GRIPE ABOUT SOMETHING....

theres a FEW weak textures here and there. I.E. some oil slicks and melted ice spots get a bit pixeley and seem misplaced contrasted against a massive world of detail. And in some rooms, looking out into the water, the 'outside' world is OBVIOUSLY a crappy looking one dimension picture desperately trying to represent a 3D realm, doesnt look good at all. Especially when you just came from a room where the outside portion in that room was fully rendered. :/ Those two things are the only reason it doesnt get perfect. LOL.

THATS NITPICKING FOR YOU!! tongue.gif Thats all I can come up with in probably close to 20 hours (I am taking my sweet time with it, exploring EVERY room and hacking EVERYTHING).

callmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Well, I just wish I had an american console. Then I could have gotten it early sad.gif Asian version of the game only ships on 14th of September. That's not enough time to play because Halo 3 comes out bout 11 days after that. Damnit!

Anyway, the LE looks great. No asian version either so far. So another let down. But the game... the game looks gorgeous. The demo was amazing. I downloaded a 20 minute gameplay video and it's the most gorgeous game I've seen so far. Hell, I can't wait to play it.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »

Glad to see this got back on topic.  Thanks for some of your insights into the game jimjom.  I just now saw that post about the Big Daddy figures.  I'm gonna have to try to get by there tomorrow and make sure I'll get one that is fully intact come release day.

BTW - jimjom I'm jealous of you.. I really would have liked to play this weekend.. next I'm gonna be tied up with a wedding and running sound for my friend's band.  sad.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]