xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bf2:mc  (Read 303 times)

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Bf2:mc
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 27 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post

pardon me, but are you saying that *graphically*, there isnt a clear winner? or do you mean overall as far as the industry is concerned?

let me know so I can decide how to proceed  smile.gif

Overal there is no clear winner (graphics and sales aside) Graphics are the most important aspect to video gaming (at least they shouldn't be) Does the Xbox1 have higher graphics than the PS2? YES . But the PS2 has some pretty solid looking games like GOW which make a few Xbox titles like like trash. Also, PS2 had a hughe head start and they ratio was something like 4:1 in favour of PS2. Now which do I prefer? Xbox of course

I odn't even know why I am wasting my time explanging this to you, because you should already know these facts

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Mar 28 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post

Overal there is no clear winner (graphics and sales aside) Graphics are the most important aspect to video gaming (at least they shouldn't be) Does the Xbox1 have higher graphics than the PS2? YES . But the PS2 has some pretty solid looking games like GOW which make a few Xbox titles like like trash. Also, PS2 had a hughe head start and they ratio was something like 4:1 in favour of PS2. Now which do I prefer? Xbox of course

I odn't even know why I am wasting my time explanging this to you, because you should already know these facts

the question wasnt wether or not the ps2 has decent looking games. if God of war(please dont use GoW on anything other than Gears of War, its blasphemy) was an xbox exclusive like it is ps2, it would look 10 x better.

the xbox has a plethora of games the ps2 cant even run, let alone have a playable framerate. there is no such game in the ps2 library that the xbox and gc couldnt do better.

to quote...

I wont be seeing a reply from you so dont waste your time typing beerchug.gif

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 28 2006, 01:26 PM) View Post

the question wasnt wether or not the ps2 has decent looking games. if God of war(please dont use GoW on anything other than Gears of War, its blasphemy) was an xbox exclusive like it is ps2, it would look 10 x better.

the xbox has a plethora of games the ps2 cant even run, let alone have a playable framerate. there is no such game in the ps2 library that the xbox and gc couldnt do better.

to quote...

PWNED pop.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 28 2006, 04:26 PM) View Post

to quote...

lol i know, my jaw dropped when i first read that.  i thought kernal fell off his rocker.  just thinking of ps2 trying to running GoW lol  laugh.gif

this is all very true however.  although some good games have originated from where the ps2 was the base platform of development then slightly improved for the xbox (silent hills, Fatal Frames, burnouts, and many many more), there is no denying that the games graphics, mood, atmosphere, and gameplay could have been much much better if the xbox was the base system of development then cut back for the lesser system.  look at the splinter cell series for perfect example, some of the best looking and playing games on both platforms.  sure the ps2 version looks like but compared to the xbox version but that doesnt change the fact that the ps2 version looks better then the majority of ps2 games out there.  

just out of curiousity deftech, if he said graphically there isnt a winner what were you going to say?  biggrin.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

After reading all of this it got me thinking..........does anyone think the ps3 will be treated like the xbox when its out? I mean recieve alot 360 ports "slightly" enhanced? it would be interesting to see what kind of enhancements they would be.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Mar 29 2006, 03:32 PM) View Post

After reading all of this it got me thinking..........does anyone think the ps3 will be treated like the xbox when its out? I mean recieve alot 360 ports "slightly" enhanced? it would be interesting to see what kind of enhancements they would be.

if your talking about whether or not the ps3 will get as many last-gen ports cleaned up on its system i highly doubt it.  IMHO, just like the dreamcast, the 360 is getting a lot of last-gen ports because it is the system starting the next gen transition and makes sense for publishers to reach as many people with their games as possible even if it means its only slightly cleaned up.  i think the next gen will be far enough along when the ps3 hits that between the ps3 and 360 most companies will be concentrating enough on next gen technology to not bother cross-porting as much.  already its becoming obvious that the next gen market can be profitable with CoD2 hitting the #1 spot january and now oblivion selling better then the godfather in europe.  <-that is a game on 3 platforms with huge install bases being sold out by a game on only two platforms with much smaller markets.  

if your talking about PC and 360 games being ported and enhanced.  i wouldnt bet on it much.  yes they can/will clean up any bugs and fix what time warrents them but graphically enhanced is not something i would hold my breath on.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

BIG MISTAKE

I didn't even realize until reading your replies that I put GOW (meaning GOD OF WAR)  That is so funny, because of course you would be thinking of GEARS OF WAR

LOL .... Hey, maybe some Sony fan boyz read it and are spreading rumours that GEAR OF WAR is coming to the PS2     laugh.gif

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Oh and what happened to that video, with "in game" footage LOL This game is a joke, or I should say another port to take more $$ from 360 owners. Games like this mae people think twice of owner a 360... Should have just added the xbox title to the BC list
Pages: 1 [2]