xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Battlefield 360 Info  (Read 230 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

i have to admit that even though there is still room for improvement, they have enhanced the graphics better then i thought they would.  even though i havent played any other then the xbox version (ugly as sin IMO) i have always taken an interest in the series (PC versions).  if they can really crank up the graphical quality of this game and give a 50 player limit or more then i may look into this game once its released.

IPB Image

http://www.myxbox360...tlefield_2_622/

esc1

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

50 isn't enough for you?  Damn.  Call of Duty only supports 8 and its a top seller.  

Having much more the 50 would be hard to find a balanced game imo.  Sure the option would be sweet, but I don't think it should be considered a factor in the buying process.

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ Jan 12 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

50 isn't enough for you?  Damn.  Call of Duty only supports 8 and its a top seller.  

Having much more the 50 would be hard to find a balanced game imo.  Sure the option would be sweet, but I don't think it should be considered a factor in the buying process.

i meant 50 or more, thank you i fixed it.  it could be 16 for all i care but from the demo i have seen the level are rather large so unless there is a descent amount of players, i think it could be a boring game because you would never find anyone.  i love CoD2 and have enjoyed online plenty of times, when i first read about the 8 player limit i was dissapointed but the game is very balanced and fun even with the minimal limit.

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

even more screens added...

http://www.gamersreports.com/media/94/

again looking better then what i expected but there is still much room for improvement as its clear that they are still using assets and material from the last gen.

Joergen

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »

I was hoping for a port of the PC version, not the last gen console game. The PC game is perhaps the best game ever in my book (I've logged crazy hours playing it), all my friends upgraded their pc for it and bought a microphone headset etc. It's just gaming bliss.

BF2 MC that I tried on the xbox was pretty meh, kinda sacrilegious even. Not a bad game but not BF2 either.

BF42 and onward has always been a multiplayer game with massive action, vehicle physics (both land and air), precise and skillful gameplay and chaotic fun. If BF2MC on the 360 fails to deliver those components it will fail.

I want it to succeed because I love DICE as a company but this whole modern combat thing is something EA has forced upon dice after they took over the company. DICE probably would have not made this console game if it werent for EA and thats not a good thing.

And like KAGE said, 24 players is pretty pathetic. It just means the levels are miniscule to keep the action tight. I'm used to 64player combat on the PC version now and its hella fun especially in the city maps.

The 360 has THREE CORES where you could dedicate one core entirely to calculate the predictions for other players and vehicles (the main reason that slows down a PC the more players are in a map), it wouldhave made the perfect platform for a PC port of the game with little to no slowdown no matter whats on screen. sad.gif

krustytheclown

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 12 2006, 01:00 PM) View Post

I'll be keeping my eye on this one wink.gif

Isn't it made by EA? wink.gif

Master X

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

EA kicks ass, I dont know why some of you have that fuck EA signiture. So what if they make some crappy games, lots of developers. BTW I play Battle Field 2 for PC almost everyday, my favorite PC game. I will definitely buy the Xbox 360 version once it is released.

Deftech

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

Master X! dude, thats my text in your sig!!!!

laugh.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Looks pretty good, not fantastic, though.  A couple of those screens are REALLY dark, though.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

i just bought the expansion pack for battle field 2, frys had it for like 24.99 2 weeks ago and i jsut got around to installing it.  hope its fun, i spent like 800$ upgrading my pc for this game! not for it, just to improve it, man it looks gorgous.  anywho....

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
New Battlefield 360 Info
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

I think Battlefield will support 24 players.  And I don't think call of duty was a best seller cause of its multiplayer. jester.gif