xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Doa Stick  (Read 664 times)

Killa420

• Archived User
Doa Stick
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

Anyone try the Doa acrade control with this game? If so, how is it? I cant stand the regular control

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
Doa Stick
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

I totally disagree the DOA stick is fine.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Doa Stick
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

I haven't used it but I'd take "way too loose" over "doesn't register the direction I just pushed" any day of the week  laugh.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
Doa Stick
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

I have the DoA stick.  It's great!  You will play worse for the first few days while you get used to it.  You'll have to relearn you combo/counter timing.  

The stick really isn't loose, it has a nice feel to it.  The downside is that it doesn't have a great feel as far as direction, and only logs the 8 directions of a d-pad, it does not log all 360 degrees so it will be useless for games like Zuma, etc.  

I do love it though, and will admit that it is not for everyone.  See if you can pick up a used one at EB Games or something like that to save on the price, I got mine for $45, it certainly is not worth a full $60.  The wire is a little on the short side, so be prepared to either move your Xbox if you like to sit far away from the TV.  

The buttons feel good, but don't have a good register of when they are pressed.  When you press the button, you won't feel any resistance until you push it all the way down, and then it stops.  You'll see what I mean when you start using it.  

Enjoy!  It did make me a much better player after about a week of solid use.