xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Marble Blast Ultra  (Read 1714 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

I downloaded the demo last night... I think I'm going to upgrade to the full version tonight... it's a VERY fun game.

Those of you who only downloaded the demo do know you can play 2 intermediate AND 2 Advanced levels in addition to the easy levels right? ... it just sounded like you didn't know you could play the harder ones.

The easy levels were just too easy, almost boring
the intermediate ones were REALLY fun (I particularly liked "the road less traveled") They weren't HARD but playing through fast you're in a constant state of allmost falling off which made it kind of intense.

The Advanced levels are HARD, They're not so much challenging gameplay wise as they difficult to figure out where to go. That and they're just MASSIVE. it took me about 5 mintues to complete each of the two.

The game is really fun... though 800 points is a bit much... 400 and I would have purchased it after the first level... at 800 I had to play through the entire trial and sleep on it.  laugh.gif

It will make a nice addition to my Live Arcade Collection with Geometry Wars, and Bankshot Billiards

thax

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

I am stuck right now on the trap door level, 30 minutes in I gave up and tried some multiplayer instead.

Note: If you are going to play multiplayer make sure to change the look of your marble beforehand.

This post has been edited by thax: Jan 26 2006, 09:36 PM

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 26 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post
Those of you who only downloaded the demo do know you can play 2 intermediate AND 2 Advanced levels in addition to the easy levels right? ... it just sounded like you didn't know you could play the harder ones.
I played the first level and was like, "Wow, I gotta have that!" laugh.gif Very addicting game.

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

Well the multiplayer achievements are easy. Just create your own game with one other person, start it, and start collecting everything before they join lol and you get the winner one easly. Im still working on the 2000 jems one though.

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

Btw, anyone find these so called "easter eggs" ?

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

They're sprinkled throughout the levels. I don't remember where I got mine. They look bigger than a marble and are oddly colored and, of course, egg-shaped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) After I finish with advanced, I'll go egg huntin' to find the ones I'm missing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by metaldevil: Jan 27 2006, 12:51 AM

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

prob the best game on arcade biggrin.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

I wish there was more to multiplayer, though. I would like to have seen "bumper deathmatch" where you ram your opponents off the board. At least something other than gem collecting.

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

Ya i agree. And possible some sort of team bumper or something or team jewl but the jewl collecting does kinda get old.

themadman123

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 04:15:00 AM »

Yeah, multiplayer isn't super great, but meh, I prefer single player games more anyways.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

Is it just me, or are the single player levels, even the most difficult ones, fairly easy to go through.

I feel like they made the marble have such tight controls, that as long as you are careful, you can easily zip through the levels.

In 2 hours, I completed all but 4 of the 60 levels, and most of them are under par.  I think it might take an hour or 2 to complete the advanced levels all under par (15 left, 4 of which I have not attempted)

I just find this to be a bit elementary in difficulty, nothing challenging unless you have limited previous experience in games.

However, it is super fun, I love zipping through levels, it is one of the more relaxing games I have ever played.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

almost finished it last night but still havent seen any eggs lol

list which maps have them plzz (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

its the only game i can get my girl too play with me lol

This post has been edited by mike_jacko: Jan 27 2006, 07:55 PM

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Jan 27 2006, 10:58 AM) View Post
I just find this to be a bit elementary in difficulty, nothing challenging unless you have limited previous experience in games.
That is true because MS wants to reach non-gamers. I would like for the difficulty to be a bit higher, though. The only challenge we can get from it is finding and collecting those eggs.

I started an egg thread here with pictures. Feel free to help out. smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]