xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Should I Install On The Xbox?  (Read 25 times)

mazdaman2

• Archived User
What Should I Install On The Xbox?
« on: July 08, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the whole Xbox scene. So far I have Evoxed, Networked and installed XBMC on my machine and I have to say I am very impressed. However what else should I install on my machine?

I haven't started playing around with online gaming Xbox Connect yet, is that worth looking into?

TIA

Ben

Brouhaha

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

XLink/XB Connect are both great tunneling software, although i prefer XLink... so yes there are more than worth using.

You might also wanna look into xbox emulation.  Pretty amazing stuff.  I'd say all popular emulators have been ported to the xbox by very talented people.  A game of the good old Super Mario Bros seems to impress my buddies more than actual Xbox games hehe...

cainedna

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

Some good homebrew is available, too.
For homebrew games, check out Star Wars, BomberX, noisz2X (I think that's what it's called?,) StepmaniaX, and Beats of Rage. A few good PC ported games, too.
If you play Halo and want to get into modding it without fiddling too much, also try out Halo Cache Editor.
Honestly, there's always more you can load onto your box.
And a second on the emus. The most used programs of my modded Xbox.

mazdaman2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys, I will look into it!

I am really impressed with the Box and these forums, I have found so much helpful info and people!

Best Regards,

Ben

DirtyDigitz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »

You can also install px Hddloader to backup your games if you have a large hard drive installed. So, you can just run them from the HD instead of the DVD. That way you can just put away your the discs to prevent them from getting damaged.  ;)