xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbomberbox 2 Beta  (Read 50 times)

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Xbomberbox 2 Beta
« on: July 06, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

Wow, has anyone else checked this out? It looks amazing, up there with some commercial games.

I persoanlly find the view a bit too cluttered for the game to really be effective, but it's some nice piece of work regardless.

Well done to those invovled.

shorty

• Archived User
Xbomberbox 2 Beta
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

I know, i just played it earlier tonight....... Really good looking game.... i found it a tad confusing to navigate, but i only played for about a minute in total, i'll be playing alot more though, when i have some friends over to share it with :)

I really like the camera view, how its kinda looking down from a ledge.

- Shorty

cainedna

• Archived User
Xbomberbox 2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

I was really amazed with it. High props to the author(s?)!
It's actually a pretty logical step from the 16-Bit style of Bomberman games, with the nice light filter prevalent in so many modern 3D games.
The only suggestion I have is to perhaps make the default settings a little less cluttered, for newbies to Bomberman.

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Xbomberbox 2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

I agree, excellent work.. You guys should be proud and we should be thankful!  :beer:

moviecut

• Archived User
Xbomberbox 2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 03:36:00 AM »

yes, it looks really great! by the way, did anyone play micro machines on the n64? i like the idea of "pad-sharing" to get 8 players out of 4 pads! whould be a great thing for bomberman-games. my solution for xbox-pad: turn the pad 90° and then one gets the digital pad an the select-button for the bombs and the other player gets the right analog stick and one of the four buttons...i think it whould be really great to have this feature in a homebrew-game like xbomberbox2...
here is a review of mm on the n64, which says, that the pad-sharing feature is great fun.
http://www.geocities.com/games_mark/nreviewmima.html
hmm, but the mm-controls are much simpler than the bomberman (in mm you only need the left/right-button, in bomberman its left/right/up/down/fire. can be a bit complicaded).
by the way: is there a tron-clone for the xbox? THAT whould make sense with pad-sharing, cause you only need 2 directions...

This post has been edited by moviecut on Jul 23 2004, 10:44 AM