xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe Beta  (Read 330 times)

FreewayX327

• Archived User
Phantasy Star Universe Beta
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Oct 14 2006, 09:12 PM) View Post

and just so everyone knows onmagoug's nest does not work either. spent a half an hour battling with another 14 and we get the dreaded loading screen.

yeap it seems like it doesnt want to load. it just boots me out.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubber Chewbacca @ Oct 14 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post
I didnt sleep last night.... smile.gif

lol, went to bed at 9am.

cant get in the server now... grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

Had fun with this last night I did. In an attempt to start a massive line dance, I formed a party and stood by the fountain and started dancing away. It was sweet,  tongue.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

finally got in after about 10 tries, so if you dont get in right away, try a few more times.

Rubber Chewbacca

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

im definently getting this game...

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

arrrg the download disapeared or something before i had a chance to download it :@:@:@

crenshaw

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

I for one think we xbox 360 gamers should boycott this retarded waste of programming!  First lets talk about the price.  This game is offered on 3 different platforms, and ours (xbox 360) costs $10 more than the others.  Second, from the momment IGN or any other game review site have had the opportunity to check out this game,  they have all said that it needs a-lot of work and until then this game falls short of impressive.  Looks like PSU doesn't really care about what people think, because the game still needs a-lot of work and seems to be hopeing to ride its name to riches.  Third, on top of our XBL subscription fees + games, which can get quite costly... these bastards want us to pay a $10 monthly fee in order to play the game the way it was designed to be played!!! complete BS.  I don't know about the rest of you, but gamers don't work their jobs day in and out so they can spend it all on video games.  (well @ least I don't).

PSU can EAT ME... BOYCOTT it!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(crenshaw @ Oct 16 2006, 03:48 AM) View Post

I for one think we xbox 360 gamers should boycott this retarded waste of programming!  First lets talk about the price.  This game is offered on 3 different platforms, and ours (xbox 360) costs $10 more than the others.  Second, from the momment IGN or any other game review site have had the opportunity to check out this game,  they have all said that it needs a-lot of work and until then this game falls short of impressive.  Looks like PSU doesn't really care about what people think, because the game still needs a-lot of work and seems to be hopeing to ride its name to riches.  Third, on top of our XBL subscription fees + games, which can get quite costly... these bastards want us to pay a $10 monthly fee in order to play the game the way it was designed to be played!!! complete BS.  I don't know about the rest of you, but gamers don't work their jobs day in and out so they can spend it all on video games.  (well @ least I don't).

PSU can EAT ME... BOYCOTT it!

1st - ok lets talk about the price, they're making it for 3 platforms PS2, PC, and Xbox 360. PC game prices are cheaper, they're always cheaper it's a fact of life. If you're playing on a PS2 you'll have to buy a BroadBand adapter... there goes your cost savings. Who would want to play on a PS2 over a 360 or PC anyway? The 360 game cost an extra $10... just like most other 3rd party 360 games, and just like most PS3 games will be. If it was JUST an MMO I might agree with you but it also has 40+ hours of offline gameplay, meaning that without ANY online component at all it would offer more gameplay then most other $60 titles.

2nd - The game is not out yet, the reason for the beta test is to help work out the bugs... the game is a BETA (meaning it needs work before it can be release) and it's being publicly TESTED (meaning they're having people help work out the bugs to accelerate the process). I'd say 9 out of 10 demos released "need a lot of work" and that work typically gets done by the time the game is actually released.

3rd - You don't need an XBL Gold account. This was made clear a long time ago that MMO's did not fall under the Xbox Live service, All you need is a free Silver account to attach your PSU tag to, The Monthly $10 fee is the same for PC, PS2, and Xbox 360... Not to mention it's actually cheaper then other popular MMOs like WoW and FFXI.

so:
1st - Games for next gen consoles are more expensive, get over it.
2nd - Games that aren't done yet still need work, I'm sure even the Mona Lisa looked like crap at one point before it was finished.
3rd - You don't need to pay XBL fees to play this game, the MMO fees are exactly the same for all platforms.

crenshaw

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

Well to be honest, I totally forgot about the xbox silver account info which I thank you for bringing up.  BUT come on, most people are playing w/ Gold accounts, so the cost of an extra $10 on top of that seems kind of ridiculous to me =/.  And WoW even though comparable to PSU b/c it is an MMO genre, should never be compared to this game (even if for example).  The Blizzard Ent. grp blows circles around PSU.

And about the makers taking the time to work through some of the bugs in the game.  The game is suppose to be released on the 24th of this month.  Any kind of bugs that they are trying to fix / discover / or pan out wont be anything ground breaking.  Most of the complaints are about the bland gameplay, rather low quality environment & so on (all of which official game review sites had commented on since the beginning)... so I believe that in this case the beta test was for completely different reasons.

Finally, I don't think any gamer should "get over" the high prices.  If you let someone get away with something... it just reenforces their behavior for the next time they do it. =/

(This of course is all just my option.  I will be BOYCOTTING PSU)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(crenshaw @ Oct 16 2006, 10:03 AM) View Post

Finally, I don't think any gamer should "get over" the high prices.  If you let someone get away with something... it just reenforces their behavior for the next time they do it.

A valid point. I've personally always been a firm believer that you shouldn't pay more then you think something is worth (and if it's priced higher, wait for it to come down or buy something that is worth your cash).

Personally I didn't like PSU, I wont be buying it, I never got into the old ones either, I've found them all to be fairly bland. This one seemed like an HD verison of the Dreamcast one I'd seen years ago.

My point was just that $60 is the price most games are now, MMOs have monthy fees, even on the 360. You could disagree with that stuff but why single this game out when it's a problem with the industry as a whole?

You're price argument is basically singling out an industry conformist and complaining that they're not the revolutionary.

EuroHEV

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

Man, this game is so lame-o. Boycott from me too!

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

for what its worth i think this game is decent. only thing i have to compare it to is PSO and FF online beta i played for 360.

the people are mostly pretty chilled, and voice chat in party is a nice feature.

boycott? kinda harsh.

crenshaw

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

Well either way, I guess we'll have to see what happens when this load of crap comes out.  If it leaves up to the standards of a "good" game or if a flops.  

But, the only reason I chose to single out this was b/c of the simple fact that all looks @ it have sucked + the beta trial version only a mere week away from release sucked.  I wouldn't dare attack MMO's such as WoW b/c they are worth every penny.  They also have the common sense to add a 3-6-12month membership to its loyal customers, not a month-by-month basis like PSU is doing for xbox 360.

Enough said though... like I stated.  We shall see what happens.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

this shit is weak.  plus, it froze on me the first 3 times on the 3rd level of the tutorial.  Almost gave up, gave it another shot, went thru my first mission and that's all i needed to delete it.

I admit, the only other mmo i played is city of heroes.  i'm still having cravings from that game.  hope marvel makes me happy jester.gif

shadowlink105

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

i went on today and it looks like that the bosses are working, but there real hard and i had 6 people with me and im lvl 15 used like 30 mono/dimates still died  muhaha.gif  dry.gif  all games have its up and downs to, so you gota remember that
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4