xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 12 More Days...  (Read 273 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »

Damn; the graphics have not been improved one bit.  HDTV enhanced, my ass.  Could they have not just supported a simple graphics software filter?  It would have improved the looks 10 fold.  Or at least an option, like in most other xbl arcade game, in enable the 'enhanced' graphics.

Playing SFII on mameox in 720p with superscale 2x graphics filter, on my original xbox blows this one away.

Shinamano

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

A simple fix to the 360 d-pad is sand out the circle surrounding it a little...the problem it has is the pad hits the wall of the controller...

I don't have this problem as i am using my SFAC stick with HAPP parts wink.gif

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »

Yeah, I can't use that pad at all. I can use the pad just fine on DOA and it's perfectly responsive. I spent 10 minutes playing this last night and after losing 10 matches straight and not even being able to do my sonic (back forward punch) boom or flash kick (down up kick) I gave up. I don't remember this game being close to that damn hard. I mean the 1st oppenent on Arcade straight owned my ass and back in the day I don't think I would ever lose a match until I got to Vega or Sagat.

And the AI is unbelievably cheap. Nothing but fireballs then when you jump towards them they kick in the air and hit you every time.

And I agree, the graphics haven't been improved one bit, it looks just the same on SNES as it does on 360  sad.gif

Shinamano

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

The AI is not cheap...it is stupid. You can exploit it very easily. If Ryu is throwing Fireball after fireball...inch closer until you have a good range and kick his ass...Ken will do dragon punches repeatedly in order of weak to fierce...just don't play recklessly and you will be fine.

incognegro

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

I dont get it. Why do ppl think the graphics was going to be improved? blink.gif

spinr34

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 3 2006, 07:38 AM) View Post

I dont get it. Why do ppl think the graphics was going to be improved? blink.gif

i agree.  i don't remember any announcements of the graphics going to be improved.  also, whoever said it doesn't look better than the SNES version, you need to check the SNES version again.  Look at the backgrounds and stages, you'll notice extra color and detail where the SNES version was just dark. However, I'm not saying the 360 version is a million times better or anything, just saying it's better than SNES, as was the arcade and seeing that the 360 version is pretty much the exact arcade version (besides LIVE and the menus, etc) I don't see why everyone has a problem.  Did anyone ever play this game in the arcade??? The SNES version was way easier than this one, but that's just how it goes. The game you are playing is Street Fighter, and I'm glad they kept it the way they did.  There isn't a reason to change anything. I knew when I was buying the game what I wanted to see, I wanted to see and experience what I did when I played the game 10 years ago in the arcade.  I'd say they did a pretty good job.  Although, let's hope they rls a patch for the connection timeouts though ;p

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

Didn't really mean to sound like I was bitching about the graphics. I felt that with it being in 720p and with them taking 4 extra months to release it that they might have actually tried to polish it up a lil. Not saying I expected DOA 4 graphics or anything, just didn't expect to see the characters with jagged edges all around them, you can see almost every square on the screen.

gcskate27

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

i actually kinda wish this game didnt come out... only because there are plenty of better sf's and they for sure wont go on the xbla now... sigh...

Shinamano

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Aug 3 2006, 06:40 PM) View Post

i actually kinda wish this game didnt come out... only because there are plenty of better sf's and they for sure wont go on the xbla now... sigh...

Look I just hope that more Street Fighters come out period...

dgrams2003

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

I finally get to spend my 800 points that I've been saving for 3 months!!?? Whoohoo.

Yes, I noticed I had the directional pad issue once I played DOA4.
It took me 4 returns to Walmart before I got a pair that were good.

see ya guys online.

spinr34

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2006, 02:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Aug 3 2006, 10:34 AM) View Post

Didn't really mean to sound like I was bitching about the graphics. I felt that with it being in 720p and with them taking 4 extra months to release it that they might have actually tried to polish it up a lil. Not saying I expected DOA 4 graphics or anything, just didn't expect to see the characters with jagged edges all around them, you can see almost every square on the screen.

heh, sorry man, i did kinda go on a mini-rant there. i see your point. hopefully there will be a patch in the near feature to address a few things in the game.  i think the main reason why a lot of things aren't the way people expected is cause of the arcade's size limit of 50 megs.  SF2 is already 48 megs (i honestly don't know how, but yea) so i think that's why things like more improved graphics were left out.  maybe MS will allow capcom to break the rule and make the game over 50 megs smile.gif /me keeps fingers crossed.

Shinamano

• Archived User
12 More Days...
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2006, 07:12:00 AM »

^--I would love to see how much love Capcom gets when we see how well this game does.

I hope they fix the dropping when in quarter match....it gets slightly annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]