xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Prey Demo Available On Xbl Marketplace!  (Read 297 times)

amb7247

• Archived User
Prey Demo Available On Xbl Marketplace!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

yeah multiplayer is disappointing, I can't even maintain a connection before it drops out. But maybe they'll work on it. I tried again and again play this demo and I can't find any studdering.

And you guys need to quit complaining. PC will have better detail since those games run higher than 1280x720. Of course, when you run at least 1280x1024.

I have no idea Grander. I see a bunch of nitpicky pricks in here. I like the demo. Gives me an eerie doom feel but better. It's what doom should of been.

lcapitan

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

Am I the only one that can't download this?

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

i'm downloading it now...no problems so far

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

i think its just becasue its locked at 30 fps, with v-sync. its deosnt go any higher. you are going to notice it alot more on larger screens

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

when i have my 360 connected via Svid to my monitor i dont have any issues, when i connect via componetnt/vga i get screen tear, im starting to think its our tv's guy's

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

dont even see how you can be pissed at this, its a great demo, yea it has a doom feel anyone wanna guess why?

its a demo so technical problems set aside I see this as being the next big thing. It boggles my mind with all the portals and gravity effects, its quite difficult to remember which way is down.

Im still on the fence whether Ill buy it or not, just dont have that much money

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

the demo in my mind is sweet and this is a must buy game. Again I played it though and I don't see the frame problem quake 4 had. Now even I know that had a problem. But, I just dont see it in this demo.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

Played mp fine.  I don't think its as sluggish as Doom or has framerate near as bad as quake4.  I really like what I've played so far.  I wouldn't buy it for the mp though.  Not my style.

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

wow what a waste.. played it n the xbl sucks..lol...another freaking fps .. damn.. where r the platforms n shit.. 360 its going to be another fps system just like xbox.. this sucks..

georaldc

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Judging from the replies here, seems like my vanilla 6600 runs PREY even better than the xbox 360. That's stupid dry.gif

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

Sorry I didn't read all the posts so some of what I'm about to state may not be new. I was just a little underwelmed. THe graphics looked amazing till you get close to an object, so that was a plus. I'm old school and am really not comfortable with the F bomb getting dropped in games these days. It just seems liek a cop out to avoid saying something clever. I'm also just not buying into these shooters that have such jerky unrealistic movement: like Unreal Tournement. I like Halo because it lets me use my natural controls (Legacy Inverted), the action is fast but the characters have weight to them. I know Chief jumps high, but he runs in a manner different than rabbit. Now a game that I have qued on my Gamefly may be getting removed.

I do give it props for having the juke box play Heart and BOC as well as it starting in my former home of Oklahoma.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

It runs pretty good on the 360, better then my buds P4 3.0, x800xt 256meg rig.

And try playing the 360 on the same damn computer monitor before you go saying the textures are not as good and such.  Because if you are comparing the PC version on a PC monitor to the 360's on an HDTV, then no shit the textures will look better on a pc monitor.

Gotta love people who love to hate.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »

I feel like I'm playing Doom 3 again. Cool graphics and the gravity shifting is awesome, but its just to similar to Doom 3 for me. I didn't notice any framerate drops, or tearing. There weren't any technical problems for me, its just too much Doomesk for my liking.

langlest

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jul 1 2006, 08:21 AM) View Post

It runs pretty good on the 360, better then my buds P4 3.0, x800xt 256meg rig.

And try playing the 360 on the same damn computer monitor before you go saying the textures are not as good and such.  Because if you are comparing the PC version on a PC monitor to the 360's on an HDTV, then no shit the textures will look better on a pc monitor.

Gotta love people who love to hate.

i dont have a problem with the textures & i didnt have a problem with the framerate in Quake 4 but after the devs said this game was going to have a smooth framerate i was expecting it to have one! imo its worse than Q4 in tearms of framerate

im not saying that because its 30 instead of 60 because that doesnt bother me, its the way it takes a dive from time to time thats pissing me off

i can play if at max setting on my PC

AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-57 Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX Extreme Edition 256MB
SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

but i wanted it for the 360 to play from the sofa

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

yea, when you turn your head real fast in some areas, it can get choppy.  Detracts quite a bit from the experience.  Then there's the fact that the game is nothing I haven't played before.  I can walk upside down, wow...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5