xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Is The 360 "next Gen" Enough For You?  (Read 336 times)

VariableElite

• Archived User
Is The 360 "next Gen" Enough For You?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

I'm beginning to think that "Wedding-shirt" forgot the "[myg0t]" in front of his name...

And Def's right, Shin -- those are concept art shots.

You might as well take a pic of an NFL game and use that as Madden '06 concept art. It may look pretty, but we know the real thing ain't gonna be anything like that.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I wanted to add that i dont wish m$ to take over and monopolize the industry because competion is always key to make everything better ....we would never have gone to the moon if it wasnt for the competion of the russians..so ps3 welcome and get ready to battle..in the end either you are with us or you are not.

jaskerzada006

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

.in the end either you are with us or you are not.

The George W Bush of video games.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Sep 15 2005, 01:31 PM)
The George W Bush of video games.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

my honest belief about the next gen is that the games will look so good there wont be a difference between systems.  i just have a problem with people being ignorant and downplaying the 360's power before they have even seen it.

{Sephiroth}

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 15 2005, 06:46 PM)
my honest belief about the next gen is that the games will look so good there wont be a difference between systems.  i just have a problem with people being ignorant and downplaying the 360's power before they have even seen it.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

who said it looked suspiciously good? Gears that is?

point out the perpetrator! (sp?)

anyone that thinks Cliffy isnt capable of making such a game needs to seek therapy.

It takes 2 things to get a game like Gears to look good..

The fuggin game Engine, and the fuggin genious developers using said engine.

You mate the devs with the engine THEY fuggin made, which just so happens to be THE BEST engine around, and you get Gears of War.

All the U3 engine games look to be great graphically. Look at Huxley and others.

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Sep 15 2005, 03:48 PM)
i have also been playing since the atari days and im very pleased with what we have seen so far.  are you so uninformed to know that 80% of what you have seen has been running on altered macs that represented only 25% of the 360's total power??  like it was said before Gears of War, PGR3, and Ghost recon all look next gen. and if you think otherwise then your going to be dissapointed with the next gen no matter what console you choose to get.   

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE({Sephiroth} @ Sep 15 2005, 08:36 PM)
Agree completely. There will be no noticeable difference

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Sep 15 2005, 04:09 PM)
Actually I am as much informed as you are. I know we aren't seeing the full power the 360 can offer, but that doesn't mean I can't make a comment on what actually has been shown so far. Sheesh, so defensive. Almost as if you're trying to convince yourself, hoping the quality improves.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(hugoboss1 @ Sep 15 2005, 01:18 PM)
Guys just look at the history of the playstation when they first apeared everyone doubted them mostly thinking a company who is famous for the walkman has no place in the industry mind you they were up angainst nintendo and sega long story short they took over gaming selling i think 1 millon the first 3 months and they are a home thearter company..

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Several points:

A. We are still over two months away from the console launch, plus whatever amount of time it takes for various additional titles to launch. A lot can happen, both good and bad, in two months.

B. It seems some people on these forums are expecting next-gen consoles to be huge steps, graphically, over what was previously capable on a system. The problem with this expectation is that there are several aspects to video games, and graphics is only one of them. There's also sound, control, physics, gameplay, replayability, and simple fun factor. The only way we can see games right now is through screenshots (which have the potential to capture 100% of the quality of the graphics of only one frame), and videos (which, due to the nature of the internet and web hosting, are of much lower quality than the game they are portraying). Video has the capability to show a little of the sound and physics, but nowhere near what the game can offer. Neither medium shows what the game is truly like, how it feels to play it, how much fun it really is. In effect, we're looking through a small fogged window into a potentially tremendous world. Some of us have faith (for lack of a better word) that we will be rewarded come launch day.

In the end, it all comes down to this: what do you look for in a new system? Personally, I want to play Saints Row and see cars and bodies go flying. I want to play Project Gotham Racing and marvel at the hundreds of spectators lining the raceways and the photorealistic buildings whooshing past. I want to play Kameo and roll through hundreds of enemies at a time. I want to play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and immerse myself in an alternate world filled with details that rival the best fantasy novels written. But none of this is possible right now without the Xbox 360.

It seems like all the doubters ("that looks like shit", "xbox 1.5", "doesn't look next-gen") are simply trying to convince themselves that they shouldn't purchase it. That's fine; it's your money. But don't try to make us ones that are sold on it out to be blind, or mindless fanbois, or deluded.

By the way, this may come off more intense than I intended. I'm simply looking forward to the launch, and I'm getting (understandably?) tired of the negative comments here and elsewhere.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Sep 15 2005, 05:17 PM)
Several points:

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shawn_ @ Sep 15 2005, 06:20 AM)
man my first system was a colecovision.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZildjianKX @ Sep 15 2005, 06:07 PM)
He's not sounding like a troll, you're sounding like a fanboy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8