xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Resident Evil 5  (Read 670 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(portarock @ Jul 31 2005, 06:14 AM)
I just read this whole thread and I have come to the conclusion that Mighty is a blind zombie. I agree with both the Defs.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

so yeah...
Resident Evil 5 looks pretty sweet...

I actually picked up a GC and RE4 on Thursday... RE4 is awesome and I'm getting psyched for RE5 now...

I didn't realize Capcom re-released all the RE games in the series on the GC. RE0, RE, RE2, RE:CV, and RE4. It will certainly be interesting if the Revolution is the only next gen console without an RE title considering they pretty much got the whole catalog this generation.

RE4 uses a completely different control/perspective setup than the previous RE titles... it makes me wonder that since they're bringing back the "old team" for RE5 if they're going to go back to the old control/perspective style or continue on with what they started in RE4.

For those of you who haven't played 4 the camera is like a cross between a 3rd person spy game and an FPS... in that it's external to the character but follows directly behind his right shoulder. For the most part it plays more naturally than past REs in that you have essentially the same POV as you would if you were really there (unlike past REs where you had a "God" view over the entire room). At times moving the camera around to look around can be kind of clumsy, and there's no strafing which is frustrating because you have to blind yourself in close quarter battles when turning to move sideways. Overall it's much better than the past REs though.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

The news of this game made my day...and the entire next generation. Resident Evil 4 was (next to the Halos) my favorite game of this generation. Yeah I have always been a fan the original made me and my friend collectively shit ourselves...and swear off guide books forever...

Not that we ever used them but we got stuck at the part with the plant...the book told us to just wait it out during the fight and the girl would run in with the flamethrower and take care of the plant...35 min and all of our health later was there a girl? No...just 35min of use getting slapped around like little bitches...

Anyway I hope that RE5 brings back the Mercenaries mode...it kicks ass if you have not unlocked it yet. Also I hope that RE5 has hundreds of zombies on screen at one time...

The only game I would get more excited about would be a new Street Fighter...I can dream...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2005, 05:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(portarock @ Aug 1 2005, 02:23 AM)
Hey twisted I thought you were gonna wait for the Revolution? lol

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

twisted- get yourself the RE remake and MGS1: the twin snakes (remake)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »

laugh.gif I plan on picking up a lot of games for it... before I do that I've got to call nintendo and trade in my new GC for an older one though  dry.gif

Apparently they removed the "Digital AV Port" on the newer versions of the GC. Without that port I can't get component out and without component out I can't get 480p. To me this is unacceptable  laugh.gif Luckily Nintendo will trade your console for a refurbished unit with the necessary port... I hate to give up my shinny new toy right after I got it though  sad.gif

It's a good thing I haven't cracked the case open yet to look at modding it  rolleyes.gif

Sort of back on topic:
It seems that this gen a few companies chose a particular platform to re-release all the games in a particular series.

For instance
Square-Enix re-released all (most of?) the old FF games on PS1, meaning that the whole collection can be played on a PS2.
Capcom re-released all the RE games for GC
Tecmo re-released the old DOAs on Xbox

With the next gen consoles all being BC it means the legacy will carry over. But it begs the question as to whether or not these companies plan on sticking with their chosen console brand to support their entire legacy on a single platform. Such as Square-Enix starting to make games for the 360 and Capcom bringing RE5 to PS3 and 360 with no mention of the Revolution. Will they stick with Sony and Nintendo respectively just to continue to have all of their games playable on a single console?

Just something to think about.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »

laugh.gif

That sux that you need to get a refurbished one. I remember when I got mine. I had to buy the component cable straight from Nintendo because I quote
we found that less than one percent of all Nintendo GameCube players used this feature.

I guess this makes sense as most GC owners are kids, but some of us A/V buffs find this unacceptable.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Aug 1 2005, 09:52 AM)
Eh, the Gamecube isnt really worth modding, unless you are a complete pirate. laugh.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 1 2005, 01:08 PM)
BTW looking at the MGS and RE remakes on GC...  beerchug.gif Those will definitly be my next two game purchaces...

Both of those remakes are top quality. RE Remake really does induce fear with the wicked GFX. MGS:TTS is the way MGS1 should have been beerchug.gif
The RE remake looks amazing  love.gif  (is it just me or are the GC's particle effects far and wide the best this generation. I've never seen more realistic flames or fog on a console)

You know, I think you are right. ATI has always had the image quality lead over other GPU's, at least in the PC market. Heres to hoping the R520 continues that trend.  beerchug.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 1 2005, 04:04 AM)

miggidy

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ Aug 1 2005, 05:23 AM)
The only game I would get more excited about would be a new Street Fighter...I can dream...

Shinamano

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Aug 1 2005, 07:47 PM)
Which one would you rather see, a 3D Street Fighter 4 or a 2D Street Fighter 4?

miggidy

• Archived User
Resident Evil 5
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
If the rumors hold any substance we should see SF4 on the new consoles.

I heard that Capcom will also be bringing out a new beat'em up game for the Xbox 360.
Dead Rising looks promising, and now RE5.
It's a good time to be a Capcom fan tongue.gif
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]