xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Controller  (Read 136 times)

BloodCrest

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

Long story short, I suck at Halo 2 using an xbox 360 controller. My friend had an orginal xbox controller and I had a spare USB cable. Can you see where I'm going? After the tedious tasking of taking off protective covering with kitchen scissors we decided to simply hold the wires together by hand and not waste our time soldering it if it wouldn't work(if you haven't figured out we decided to splice them together - they're both USB right?). So - it doesn't work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Is this a drivers issue,hardware issue, or will I simply be needing to do a case mod on a wired xbox360 controller? I apologize if this incredible stupid but I'm blatantly ignorant of the xbox360 scene.

Tiuk

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

No, you can't use an xbox1 controller on a 360. As you guessed, the closest you could come would be putting the guts of a 360 controller in a xbox1 controller's case. You might be able to replace the sticks and such with the ones from the xbox controller if it makes a difference, but I don't know.

BloodCrest

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

Yes, but I'd like to know why I can't.

evilflame2

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(BloodCrest @ Jul 6 2007, 04:53 PM) View Post

I suck at Halo 2 using an xbox 360 controller.

i know, i am terrible with a 360 controller too.

i was thinking of using an xbox to usb adapter (made for the computer) rather than cutting and messing around like you did.

or what if we did some strange link like xbox->ps2 then ps2->360.

the ps2 to xbox 360 is expensive but i hope someone comes up with a solution

manpee1

• Archived User
Xbox Controller
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »

I have a 3 to 1 adapter(ps2,gamcube,xbox to USB)... and it doesnt work on the xbox 360... it has a 3 port usb hub on it and that works but none of the controller ports work.. it is a driver issue and the is no way around it without a hacked xbox 360