xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Netgear Wge111 Alternative  (Read 90 times)

LoXodonte

• Archived User
Netgear Wge111 Alternative
« on: January 04, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

Below is a link to the netgear device that others have said work for connecting thier 360's to their wireless networks. I'm having a hard time finding this, and was just wondering if all this is, is a wireless bridge. If so, am I safe just buying any wireless bridge on newegg?

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/G...ers/WGE111.aspx

LoXodonte

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »

ehm...well then.

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

It is working as a wireless client to your access point or router. Depending on whether the bridge and router/AP are compatible you could most likely do the same thing with a bridge. You would be better off looking for a similar device though. The key words to look for are "Game Adapter" and it should be easier to set up than a bridge and most likely will be cheaper than a bridge.

Personally I have had good experiences with Linksys game adapters. If all you want to do is gaming you should be fine with their 802.11b game adapters which you can buy on ebay for $10-$15 if you shop. Most common home networking brands (Netgear, D-Link, etc) also have game adapters. If you are planning on streaming good quality movies from your computer to your 360 the 802.11b adapters won't cut it. But they are plenty fast for xbox live.