xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jasper 512 Rgh Stop Glitching - Need Advice  (Read 130 times)

RavenPhoenix

• Archived User
Jasper 512 Rgh Stop Glitching - Need Advice
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

The BB Jaspers are sometimes are pain in the A$$ to get glitching. I do console mods for a living so if it's a pain for me then it would be a nightmare for the inexperienced.

Anyhow, a few pointers for you to check.

1. Make sure your wire routes are not going through the notorious no no areas. I have decided to spoon feed you a little with the following link. Take a look at the troubleshooting section near the end of the first post and there is a picture with the areas you should be avoiding.

http://www.logic-sun...-hack-tutorial/

2. Try different value caps e.g. Change 680pf to 68nf cap and 470pf to 47nf. Each Jasper is an individual and no one formula will work on every console.  You can alternate anything between the following values 221pf-1nf then if that does not work try 33nf-68nf.

3. Trim the ends of your wires that are exposed to the bare minimum that is required to be able to get the solder to stick so looking from your pictures you have a bit of trimming to do.

4. Make sure your ground cable is thicker than 26AWG and is properly grounded.

5. After trying all I suggested and it still fails then you should seek assistance from a pro modder.

Good luck mate.

cjackson

• Archived User
Jasper 512 Rgh Stop Glitching - Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(RavenPhoenix @ Jan 31 2012, 08:18 AM) View Post

The BB Jaspers are sometimes are pain in the A$$ to get glitching. I do console mods for a living so if it's a pain for me then it would be a nightmare for the inexperienced.

Anyhow, a few pointers for you to check.

1. Make sure your wire routes are not going through the notorious no no areas. I have decided to spoon feed you a little with the following link. Take a look at the troubleshooting section near the end of the first post and there is a picture with the areas you should be avoiding.

http://www.logic-sun...-hack-tutorial/

2. Try different value caps e.g. Change 680pf to 68nf cap and 470pf to 47nf. Each Jasper is an individual and no one formula will work on every console.  You can alternate anything between the following values 221pf-1nf then if that does not work try 33nf-68nf.

3. Trim the ends of your wires that are exposed to the bare minimum that is required to be able to get the solder to stick so looking from your pictures you have a bit of trimming to do.

4. Make sure your ground cable is thicker than 26AWG and is properly grounded.

5. After trying all I suggested and it still fails then you should seek assistance from a pro modder.

Good luck mate.

1) done that already
2)done those
3)don't send a pic so i assume you pasted this text but anyway i will trim
4)i don't understand that AWG thing did you give a pic of that kind of thick wire.

still get glitch light when i move CPU_RST wire a bit, again, again and i get glitch light. but since jasper boot in 1-1,5 min so i need 5-6min moving cable to boot if it is real glitch light