xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dual Booting Xbox Live Dash With Live Access And The Reset Glitch For  (Read 324 times)

Antman1

• Archived User
Dual Booting Xbox Live Dash With Live Access And The Reset Glitch For
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »

thats actually my site.  lol.  I have seen other guidez out there though like that after I did this but its ok.  The idea was floating around already.  I was told things by the distributors of the Cygnos360v2 like "Cygnos doesn't make one for slim and the reset glitch hack has no dash anyway" and I wont say which one said that to me but I could see that discouraging some.  A response I could say to that is if you have kids and they watch netflix or want to download demos or anything involving Xbox Live you would want this so you could play the new stuff homebrew wise without losing these features on this console. I then contacted Cygnos360v2 team direct and they sold me one.  

The Xd Card dual nand is the next one I want to see in action.  I just don't want to go out and buy the stuff for it too just to see it happen.  I like to tinker and this was my tinker project.  I wanted to see a safe live machine out there and I think this will do it.  I think between putting a completely different KV on the Cygnos360v2 (or any dual nand) and leaving the original alone will do it better than the old Xbox1 days.  Adding a switch to turn the CMOD board off is also an extra layer of protection if you want to kill all signs of the hack but I dont think it matters.  a member here named "mufsta" has shown me a relay that is available at Radio Shack that he added to the install and he wired it to turn the CMOD board off when the Cygnos360v2 is off.  That is the way I would want to do it because I would want to leave the original nand alone.

jsjar

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

I have the xd card mod installed but i removed the onboard nand chip completely.
i have 2 xd cards one with stock dash and one with xell smile.gif

Technitian3

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(jsjar @ Sep 30 2011, 09:58 AM) View Post

I have the xd card mod installed but i removed the onboard nand chip completely.

I'd love to see some pics.

jsjar

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »

not very clear but there the best i can do
IPB Image
IPB Image

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(jsjar @ Sep 30 2011, 12:58 PM) View Post

I can see why you did it that way.  By doing this you dont have to fool with a switch or anything like that.  no cutting traces or anything.  Good job.  Very clean looking too.  smile.gif

I still like the simplicity of the Cygnos360 but this is cool too.

XBOX 360 Onwer

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »

Hey, quick n00b question.  So, with new glitch chips for the slim (such as the CoolRunner), do we still need the Cygnos to do dual NAND?

On my original XBOX, I just have 1 chip (Xecuter 3), and it could be toggled on and off.  Do I need the Cygnos and a glitch chip (or just a Cygnos)?  I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm a little confused.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(XBOX 360 Onwer @ Nov 1 2011, 12:17 PM) View Post

Hey, quick n00b question.  So, with new glitch chips for the slim (such as the CoolRunner), do we still need the Cygnos to do dual NAND?

On my original XBOX, I just have 1 chip (Xecuter 3), and it could be toggled on and off.  Do I need the Cygnos and a glitch chip (or just a Cygnos)?  I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm a little confused.

you need both.  The glitch board sends impulses to the CPU to glitch the 360 to run the unsigned code and the cygnos gives you the ability to have a separate nand with the hacked dash and such and leave the original nand alone.  They do separate jobs basically.  The cygnos360v2 is so far the only official dual nand mod that will reset the southbridge data between switching nands and is safer for the most part.  I think Technitian3 was working on making a circuit that would do it as well.

XBOX 360 Onwer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Nov 1 2011, 03:16 PM) View Post

you need both.  The glitch board sends impulses to the CPU to glitch the 360 to run the unsigned code and the cygnos gives you the ability to have a separate nand with the hacked dash and such and leave the original nand alone.  They do separate jobs basically.  The cygnos360v2 is so far the only official dual nand mod that will reset the southbridge data between switching nands and is safer for the most part.  I think Technitian3 was working on making a circuit that would do it as well.

Thanks for clearing that up :-)

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(jsjar @ Sep 30 2011, 12:58 PM) View Post

thats very cool, i rather do that as it seems more homebrew to me than installing another chip

so basically you install the xd reader to the nand pins and when either xd card is inserted it will boot the  respective nand?

would you happen to have an instruction set or tutorial related to this way?

i will probably actually do both ways, but i really want to do the way you have in your pictures looks amazing smile.gif

theninjaway

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »

Sorry for the bump but anyone have a tut for doing this by piggy backing a spare nand chip as a diy mod?

Technitian3

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(theninjaway @ Nov 14 2011, 01:12 PM) View Post

Sorry for the bump but anyone have a tut for doing this by piggy backing a spare nand chip as a diy mod?

http://www.consoleop...-hack-live.html

JTimp716

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(john012301 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:39 PM) View Post

Hi Antman, thanks for posting your guide. I have a question about the relay you use. I bought this relay:

http://htyp.org/275-...ck_5-volt_relay

It has a extra 0 (275-0240) in the product number so I don't know if the wiring is the same as the 275-240 version?

This is the relay he was talking about: http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062480

XBOX 360 Onwer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(barnhilltrckn @ Nov 17 2011, 10:13 PM) View Post

Well does the relay even rly help??? Ive installed the cygnos on my slim without the relay and mine will boot both my RGH nand and original no problem. Honestly i just installed the cygnos so i would always have a nandflasher in the box without needing to open it up, plus it reads and writes sooooo much faster. tongue.gif

The relay is to make sure the glitch chip is off when it's not needed.

djexentrix

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

Going to be doing this on a slim this weekend. I'll post my results and pics for the scene smile.gif Thanks for the tutorial!

john012301

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(JTimp716 @ Nov 17 2011, 11:30 PM) View Post

This is the relay he was talking about: http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062480

Thanks, I've already seen that, but the product number on my relay is off by one digit. I've found the relay layout for the 275-240 and it matches my relay so I went ahead and did the relay on the slim and it won't glitch. Plus I think the relay kentucky fried my Cygnos as I now get 0xABAB status in nand tool box. Oh well lesson learnt. Now need to find another Cygnos.
Pages: 1 [2]