xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gboot - a ReBooter in Development for the Reset Glitch Hack *Update*  (Read 417 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Gboot - a ReBooter in Development for the Reset Glitch Hack *Update*
Posted by XanTium | September 19 08:25 EST | News Category: Xbox360

*Update* This news is probably fake. Sry for the mistake.

Hackfaq.net is reporting about a ReBooter (hot-reboot of the console into a hacked 360 kernel allowing unsigned XDK software - like done for the SMC (JTAG) hack before) for the Reset Glitch Hack (RGH):

Gboot is working
Today it's not a great day, for the J-Tag owners. After some weeks with a lot of work, it is real.
Gboot is running. Gboot is the first kind of rebooter for the Glitch Hack.
Gboot ist no rebooter, like Freeboot. It can actual only boot one game at the time. Now it is a developer version, but there come a ready complete rebooter.
Ok what must you do, to play a game? You need a working Glitch Hack and a dump of the nand.
So why a dump of the nand? We create a nand image with a hacked 13599 Kernel and hardcoded gamepath.
Ok now lets go to Xell Reloaded, we put our fresh generated xenon.elf to a USB drive and plug in into the xbox.
Power on your xbox and enjoy the show.
Yes it works the first game, with a Glitch Hack.
We work hard, that you can enjoy a dashboard like the original, but actual it can only boot a default.xex an nothing other.
And now we feel sorry, for all the J-Tag owners. But guys you are out.
This is a developer version, be patience a public tool comes in a few weeks.

News-Source: hackfaq.net

hack.rid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »

low quality news...

this could demotivate the people working on useful stuff...

Kushan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »

I wonder what happens if the "hardcoded" game is Freestyle or some other xex Launcher?

I don't think there's any need to feel sorry for JTAG owners, I feel it'll be some time before the glitched 360's have the same functionality as the JTAGS.

Blackaddr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »

The JTAG hack is very reliable, uses cheap easy to find components, and when you destroy soldering points, there are often a few alternates to prevent permanent damage to your box.

The glitch hack is exciting and interesting because it provides new options to consoles that were not exploitable.

It does however have some serious drawbacks.  At the moment, you need to buy/build a CPLD board and programmer, and it's going to take a lot of trial and error to get it booting reliably.

I suspect this will make JTAG consoles more desirable.  The glitch hack will allow far more consoles to run unsigned code, which will get more people involved in the scene, and those people will eventually want consoles that boot fast and reliably.

Skevus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kushan @ Sep 19 2011, 03:39 PM) View Post

I wonder what happens if the "hardcoded" game is Freestyle or some other xex Launcher?

I don't think there's any need to feel sorry for JTAG owners, I feel it'll be some time before the glitched 360's have the same functionality as the JTAGS.

It feels like a bad translation, because I am happy with my JTAGED Jasper and the early slim I will put a wasabi into. It feels like wasabi will work better then a glitched slim for now anyway. I am happy glitch is possible because when my JTAGED Jasper breaks. Glitch will have matured by then. It's almost impossible to find a falcon/Jasper this days that is JTAG friendly. A friend that broke his Jasper had to replace it with a xenon and the xenon broke down a few weeks later. you need to pay 2-2.5 times the price of a slim for a jasper this days and that is ofcourse if you can find one. I sleep easyer knowing GLITCH is behind the corner.

Not really sure what they mean with that JTAG owners should be sorry today. Perhaps people who buy and sell them for profit but not an ordinary JTAG owner like the most of us....

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »

According to this it isn't as good as a JTAG, so why should JTAG owners be upset though?

Until they get this like a JTAG, they will still be superior.

maxallepi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kushan @ Sep 19 2011, 04:39 PM) *

That's exactly what i was thinking as soon as i read the description.

You recon they haven't thought about it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I agree with BoNg. The Jtag will be superior until there's some sort of xex booter like freestyle on it.

Time will tell but im sure their working hard on it as we speak to make a stable and reliable version.

Kushan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(maxallepi @ Sep 19 2011, 03:49 PM) View Post

That's exactly what i was thinking as soon as i read the description.

You recon they haven't thought about it? unsure.gif

I agree with BoNg. The Jtag will be superior until there's some sort of xex booter like freestyle on it.

Time will tell but im sure their working hard on it as we speak to make a stable and reliable version.

I'm sure they have thought about it, there's probably more to it than that. I'm guessing either it's a problem with unsigned code (seems unlikely) or the 360 doesn't just launch from one XeX to another. I could be way off here, but when an XeX is launched, is it possible the 360 temporarily goes back to the dashboard before launching it? That would explain the hardcoded path not being used to launch a dashboard.

tactix101

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »

great to see some progress but......

who cares what hack is "better" when they both lead to what made this site great in the first place ( bringing homebrew running on the xbox to the masses )  

ah who am i kidding we all know its gonna lead to cyber cock waving my dad is bigger than yours but your moms more of a whore stupid one up man ship

InsaneNutter

• Recovered User
    • Digiex
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »

They make some stupid statements about Jtagged Xbox 360's, however if they can make something up to the quality of FreeBoot then good for them.

I had hoped we might see more libxenon homebrew, time will tell.

This post has been edited by InsaneNutter: Sep 19 2011, 04:38 PM

jimmunoz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(tactix101 @ Sep 19 2011, 09:59 AM) *

great to see some progress but......

who cares what hack is "better" when they both lead to what made this site great in the first place ( bringing homebrew running on the xbox to the masses )  

ah who am i kidding we all know its gonna lead to cyber cock waving my dad is bigger than yours but your moms more of a whore stupid one up man ship

I totally agree.

Code-Red

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

I have a JTAG and fail to see why I'd be sad about anything.

In fact, I want more exploitable Xbox's on the market... I want them ALL to be exploitable! To see this place as active as it once was with Xbox 1 development would be a dream.

Make it happen!

Package

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »

Why X-S is so slow on news these days? It usually takes a day for news to appears on the frontpage

And this is not a reliable news and it was deemed as fake seeing that the only source is the link of the russian translation but lets wait and see...

amexie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

why would us with jtag's be sorry
and if the glitch hack ever turned out better than a jtag we could just do that to are console

ninjanutta

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

Oh NO,im really sorry that ive got a fully funtioning jtag with hundreds of games at the push of a button,these guys are jokers at best..the glitch method is a dirty hack and will never be as clean as the normal jtag..what a stupid comment they made..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4