xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Use Cygnos Dual Nand Chip On Slim?  (Read 240 times)

warbeast

• Archived User
Use Cygnos Dual Nand Chip On Slim?
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

ok so i got to thinking the slims have a 16mb nand and the cygnos had a dual nand plus flasher witch are now pretty cheap so couldnt we just hook these suckers up to slims for dual nand

the way i see it we just wire up the nand points and vcc/ground the quick solder points may even fit slim

(IMG:http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8602/slimcygnos.png)

RB CE ect are pretty easy to tell but have i got d0 to d7 the right way around i dont have a board at hand to check

This post has been edited by warbeast: Sep 9 2011, 01:54 AM

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »

time will tell, i have the dual nand cyg chip

however the glitch works differently so it might need to be wired differently and possibly need an addon

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »

I was just thinking about this..I'm sure it's right around the corner.

This post has been edited by catchthabeat: Sep 13 2011, 09:53 PM

d4m4n

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

I ordered parts for the XD card mod. I'm going to try it in slim. A XD card reader and a 16MB XD card only cost 12$ shipped (eBay). I'll use a 2x on/off switch to switch between nand/xd-card and reset glitch hack/no hack.

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(d4m4n @ Sep 13 2011, 05:17 PM) View Post

I ordered parts for the XD card mod. I'm going to try it in slim. A XD card reader and a 16MB XD card only cost 12$ shipped (eBay). I'll use a 2x on/off switch to switch between nand/xd-card and reset glitch hack/no hack.

Please keep me posted and remember the parts list! I'd love to do this if it works!

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(d4m4n @ Sep 13 2011, 05:17 PM) View Post

where is this xd card mod you speak of

d4m4n

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Sep 14 2011, 01:57 AM) *

where is this xd card mod you speak of

PDF guide for fat:
XD card mod guide PDF

Talk about slim & diagram:
Xboxhacker: dual boot slim with XD card mod

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »

less likely to work in Jasper than they are slims.

MS kept the 16MB flash for the slims. The NAND layout is different and the solder points would have changed but it shouldn't be hard to wire them in.

d4m4n

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(ruciz @ Sep 15 2011, 06:57 AM) View Post

less likely to work in Jasper than they are slims.

MS kept the 16MB flash for the slims. The NAND layout is different and the solder points would have changed but it shouldn't be hard to wire them in.

Page 5 in the PDF guide. You can move resistors for big NAND jasper to mach 16MB models.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(d4m4n @ Sep 14 2011, 03:22 AM) View Post

PDF guide for fat:
XD card mod guide PDF

Talk about slim & diagram:
Xboxhacker: dual boot slim with XD card mod

You got me really wanting to do this on my slim.  A LOT of people dont know what this means but it will make your xbox360 kinda like the Xbox1 back in the day.  ONLY BETTER!  The reason I say only better is because you can leave your original nand alone with its original keyvault and such.  Then you can have the modified dual nand to be different with a different KV (extra protection not to get your real KV banned)  then flip a switch play your originals on xbox live without your console looking remotely modded.  then power off and flip the switch and it turns on your glitch board and switches to the glitched nand (with booter to hacked kernel thats not out yet).  This is all within reach.  I am just out of cash at the moment and the part that has me a little out of doing it at the moment is that I dont want to cut any traces.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(warbeast @ Sep 8 2011, 07:34 PM) View Post

ok so i got to thinking the slims have a 16mb nand and the cygnos had a dual nand plus flasher witch are now pretty cheap so couldnt we just hook these suckers up to slims for dual nand

the way i see it we just wire up the nand points and vcc/ground the quick solder points may even fit slim

RB CE ect are pretty easy to tell but have i got d0 to d7 the right way around i dont have a board at hand to check

Did you ever find out if you had those connections right?  

The Cygnos360v2 RevE also has points labeled X0-X7 do you know what these are for and if they have to be connected?

ichigo1234

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »

To confusing just wait for TX.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »

If anyone has a Cygnos360 v2 Rev E and can measure voltages, can you tell me of a point that has 3.3v that turns on when the Cygnos360 is turned on to use the Cygnos360 nand?  I would really appreciate it.

chipD

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Sep 21 2011, 10:18 AM) *

If anyone has a Cygnos360 v2 Rev E and can measure voltages, can you tell me of a point that has 3.3v that turns on when the Cygnos360 is turned on to use the Cygnos360 nand?  I would really appreciate it.

Why not just run wires with a switch along with the cygnos switch and tie it to vcc on the glitch chip. Then just flip both switches when you want to change nands.

Or you could try taking 3.3v from the vcc leg on the cygnos nand directly, but i dont know if theres constant power to it regardless of switching.

If my cygnos360 v2  wasnt already in my jtag zephyr I would test it for you on my slim.

This post has been edited by chipD: Sep 21 2011, 04:41 PM

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(ichigo1234 @ Sep 20 2011, 08:42 PM) View Post

To confusing just wait for TX.

Tx hasnt been making anything other then simple clones look at nandx its just a diy usb2spi
Other groups like cygnos and progskeet ect make real mods that dont need the 360 spi to read/write
Tx already has a diy clone "nandx" and now a coolrunner clone so dont get ur hopes up

As for the points they should work fine but if ur using a xd card the CE pin on stock nand will need to be lifted or the trace to southbridge cut with a switch to 2nd nand CE

The cygnos 2 revE can switch between nands without lifting pins or cutting traces witch is why i wanted to use it on slim but if you dont mind messing with nand pins then a xd card or cygnos v1 for £5 will work fine
Pages: [1] 2