xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Tunneling  (Read 62 times)

Lethias

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« on: December 30, 2003, 10:47:00 PM »

LOL....I know, and I'm not asking them to release their protocols....I plan on making a one of my own as well.   No worries.... workin on a program right now.  <

kevhonda

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

dude just go download "x-link" it can run off the pc or off the xbox (although the program they wrote that runs off the box is called something else) works perfect....been playing halo for a few days on it.   <

Lethias

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 10:37:00 PM »

Is there a way that anyone knows of programming a tunneling program.  I'm trying to figure out how so that maybe there is a way to make a program that will work with most of the tunneling programs.  If anyone has any information on how to go about creating a tunneling program or anything to do with tunneling...please let me know. :)

JapanFred

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

Why? O.o

Lethias

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »

There's gamespy, xbconnect, and linux type tunneling.  Instead of having to run so many different ones, I'd like to beable to run program that will allow u to see an play on all networks.  He he, if anything it could create a better way to global connect the tunnels.  All the networks I have seen need a main server, which is fine.  I would like to see server, clients to work off a peer to peer network.  The only thing u need a server for then would be a chat room, but that can be make simple by using an IRC room that is locked to only allow the program. It just looks like the xbox tunneling could go further in to development to make it better and more improved.

I believe that xbox game tunneling is just getting started.  I haven't seen anyone make a tunneling software I am impressed by, why not have the open source commmunity work on developing our own tunneling software with what we want to see in it.  But thats just my thoughts.  LOL..... I'm just trying to gather information on how to go about programming this thing.  

Give me ur thoughts on it guys...I'd like to know what u guys think of this.   ^_^

Knives

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

sounds like a good idea but im pretty sure it would be very complecated making one service to link to every other service. not to mention would stir up a controversy considering the different project goals for each tunnel service, if you do do this I give you my grattitude

Lethias

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

It will be complicated, but I just need information on how the tunneling works...I have the gist of how it works but the problems is getting down to figuring out how to transfer information from the computer to the xbox.  Thats what  the problem is.  Once i figure that out...it shouldn't be to much more complicated.

jz28

• Archived User
Network Tunneling
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lethias @ Dec 28 2003, 12:11 AM)
It will be complicated, but I just need information on how the tunneling works...I have the gist of how it works but the problems is getting down to figuring out how to transfer information from the computer to the xbox.  Thats what  the problem is.  Once i figure that out...it shouldn't be to much more complicated.

i am fairly certain...no wait...absolutely certain, that the makers of all tunneling apps wont open up their protocols so you can make an app that makes them all talk to each other.