xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't Detect Flash Controller Error  (Read 112 times)

warbeast

• Archived User
Can't Detect Flash Controller Error
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(highonxbox @ Mar 20 2011, 04:20 PM) View Post

Dude, I'm telling you, short the nand! Look like 4 or 5 posts up I've linked all the guides you need.

I had a Jasper that had been flashed with a xenon nand. All the symptoms you describe. Wouldn't power at all and wouldn't detect in nandpro.

I shorted the nand and brought it back to life.

i kind of agree with you but if you read hes 1st post xbr was working he just wasnt able to use nandpro now with xbr working he must have had a good image/smc on the nand and in that case shouldnt need to bypass the smc by shorting the nand

i think its more likely that with xbr working he fried the spi and then tried to short the nand not knowing the reason it wouldnt detect wasnt due to the nand in the 1st place but due to dead spi and has now killed the nand or some how messed up the image

so now he needs to try and short the nand in the hope that maybe the spi and nand is still ok and then if not stop messing about shorting crap and use a cygnos with its own nand and without the need for spi!!!  

evertonman67

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »

no one in the UK has the Cygnos in stock,i've checked on the internet but if my board is cooked i'm not shelling out sheds load of cash to buy a Cygnos from abroad and waste more money.BTW,i've just got hold of another 360 today with a falcon board in it but it's got the latest updated dash installed so it's not jtaggable,just wondering if i swapped over the nand chip from the falcon board onto my xenon board would that rescue my dead xenon.I have 2x perfect nand dumps from my xenon and the CPU Key,saved safely on my computer

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »

im in the uk and brought a cygnos a few weeks ago from divineo.com was about £25 shipped with airmail and took 10days
as for the nands you could swap the 16mb nands over and also it might be worth finding out if a falcon southbridge works on the xenon if so you can swap it over to replace the spi

here is a better idea test ur lpt cable on the falcon now! it should read fine even if not jtagable then u know the spi is fried on the xenon

at this point you could flash ur xenon xbr image onto the falcon nand and then remove the flashed nand install it on the xenon and it should boot!!

if it does then ur know the xenon is ok apart from the spi and a cygnos will sort that to recover from pc or if the falcon southbridge is ok for xenon and you have the skills to do a swap that will fix the spi!!

oh and dont forget to take a backup of the facon nand incase the xenon is dead so u can still put it back onto the falcon

evertonman67

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

I recken i could get the nand chip off using my 15w soldering iron but as for the southbridge chip,that's going to need to go in a proper reflow/reball machine.I'm going to put the xenon 360 up for sale on Gumtree for spares or repairs,maybe someone might have better luck with it.Warbeast,i just want to say a massive big thanks to you and everyone else that's given me there time and knowledge in the reply's,your a great bunch and very very much appreciated.
Thanks fellas
Garry

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »

Read through my thread man! That's exactly what was happening. I had to send a nandpro erase command and loop it to run over and over again. As soon as the system surged and the power brick went red thats when it worked for me!

Keep the wire held down and then loop your nandpro erase command so it runs over and over.

Next plug in the power brick and let it surge, if you don't see a change on your dos screen on the looping erase command, do it again. It took a couple of times and then I saw it detect and start to erase. It stopped and errored out but after that I was able to run a flash command like normal and reflash my nand.
Pages: 1 [2]