xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Jasper 256mb With Pal Video, Want Ntsc!  (Read 61 times)

AZImmortal

• Archived User
Jtag Jasper 256mb With Pal Video, Want Ntsc!
« on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »

I haven't tried to do what you're doing before so I'm grasping at straws here, but did you also change the DVD region to 1?

assman36

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

Thanks for asking, forgot to mention that.  When I first opened the dumped NAND it was DVD Region 8, and I tried changing it to DVD Region 1 and also Region Free.  Didn't affect the PAL video though.

From all the googling I've done, I didn't think the PAL video is a hardware thing, or is it?

Disco_Stu25

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(canisay @ Jul 10 2010, 03:44 PM) *

I just had this problem today with my 256 Jasper. I used a donor smc_config and I think that may have caused the problem. Loaded up my nand in 360 Flash Tool. Go up to Tools -> Edit Config.
Hit the "Edit Config" button. Then set your settings for DVD Region (You can use 01 for US or FREE would work as well), set game region to "USA" and video to "NTSC". Save the nand to a USB stick as updflash.bin
Use Flash360 to flash from the stick. I did that and no longer had messed up video on boot and did not have PAL settings

BEAUTIFUL! This worked like a charm! I suspect it was due to the donor nand as well.

assman36

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

OK, I finally got back to working on this.  I resolved this issue (bonehead mistake on my part). jester.gif

Thanks to all posters for their advice.  Here's what I was doing wrong for those who run across this:

I dumped the NAND that I was flashing and opened it back up, and it was the original settings ?!?  I went back to write the modified NAND again, and when it was asking me to write, there were two options:  A - Write nand keeping current KV/config, and B - Write nand without keeping current KV/config.  I was choosing A all along thinking "yes, I want to keep my KV" but didn't think about the config part.  So, tried B, and I have NTSC video and other US settings.

Hopefully this helps someone down the road.

AZImmortal

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

Ah, excellent.  I'm guessing you used Flash360 to flash the NAND, which was created back when XBReboot was still around and all we had to do was insert our KV and config into the XBReboot image.  When flashing your NAND now, you should pretty much never choose the "keep" option.